“Definitely worth a first visit and return visits” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 52 things to do in Ithaca
Walnut, California
“Definitely worth a first visit and return visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I remember my first visit. I took a terrific student led tour and was very impressed. I recently returned to Ithaca and got a look at all the changes. A very impressive and beautiful campus. Well worth the time to visit if you are in the area.

Visited October 2013

Dallas
“Cornell - Ithaca's Crowning Glory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Cornell is a must-see if you travel to Ithaca. The campus is beautiful any time of year and the hotel on campus is awesome; run by the students at the School of Hotel Management within Cornell. My son is a "Hotelie" and loves Cornell. We have been to several baseball games and a hockey game... all super fun! The students have always been helpful and pleasant and seem to be proud to attend such a great school. The food in the cafeterias is good with local and vegan offerings, as well as foods unique to many cultures. Much of the campus housing is new and very nice. Not at all like when I was in college. There is a great golf course adjoining campus, gardens, farm, and a seemingly close connection to the farm and foodie community. The restaurants and bars in Ithaca are pretty good considering the small town and the Cayuga Lakes area is very cool with wineries everywhere. I have stayed on the campus, in downtown Ithaca and rented a lake house on Cayuga Lake. All good choices and I would recommend every one.

Visited April 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I'm always amazed that Cornell's campus is more beautiful than many state parks and other nature preserves I've been to. Also, great school and great facilities.

Visited June 2014
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
“Good to go back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We return to Cornell often for football and to visit friends and fraternities and we always find it to be a warm and welcoming place, although we wish it hadn't grown so much. There is so much to do, especially on a football or other sports/academic related weekends that I can't enumerate them here, but suffice to say you'll never be bored.In spite of its growth, it still remains one of the most beautiful college campuses in the country and definitely worth a visit. Lodging, dining, bar scenes and winery tours are readily available and should be included above and beyond University activities.

Visited May 2014
Manila, Philippines
33 attraction reviews
“Definitely One of the Most Beautiful University”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We came here to accompany my father in law for his 50th batch reunion. We travelled more than 8,000 miles to go to Cornell University and it is all worth it. Cornell is such a beautiful place! The slopping grass, the castle like buildings, natural falls and gorges, gardens, everthing is magnificent. The "Cornell Chimes" in McGraw is something I always look forward to. McGraw Tower is Cornell's famous landmark. Olin Library and Kroch Library are beautiful with its beautiful collection of rare manuscript.
Sitting in Cornell's slopping grass and seeing the view of Ithaca from Cornell with the enchanting Cornell Chime is magic. You will hate to leave Cornell... Beautiful,.. Picture perfect...

Visited June 2014