“Excellent food, well presented” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Tapas, Vegetarian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Bristol, ct
“Excellent food, well presented”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I wanted to take my wife out for a nice dinner and this tapas style restaurant was recommended by friends. The place is not big, but we walked in around 6 on a Thursday without having to wait. There was a longer wait just after we arrived, but people were happy to hang out at the bar.
The wine list is good and they have a huge selection by the glass. They also do flights if you can't decide or want to pair a glass with each plate.
We ordered a bunch of things to share; the hits were the Brussels sprouts, the salt cod fritters (OMG, these are to die for) and the pork loin with potato pancake. The sweet potato dumplings were in Asian style steamed dumplings and the wrappers were too gummy for the filling.
Desserts are very good too. The bread pudding was a nice comfort food finish and my wife's almond quince torte was good too. A couple came in while we were there just for dessert.
The wait staff was busy but attentive. We highly recommend Just a Taste.

87% Recommend
Utica, New York
“Surprising it was so crowded”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Overall this restaurant is average, at best. The main downsides include the service which is hopelessly slow - we wondered if our waiter was kidnapped, only to later ask another server to help us (thankfully she was friendly and obliged). Regarding the food, the dishes were adequate but nothing special when it comes to Spanish Tapas. There was one decent dish - a lamb loin which was flavorful and tender. However most others were mediocre. For example, the shrimp were significantly overcooked and hard and the flavor was bland. If the service was better I might give this restaurant a 3/5.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lafayette, Indiana
“Great vegetarian choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The menu has a wonderful assortment of choices. I highly recommend the greens sautéed in garlic and served with blue cheese and walnuts. The spanish chickpea and hazelnut soup was also excellent. The chocolate soufflé cake was decent but not quite chocolaty enough.

Visited January 2014
Ithaca, New York
“A Favourite always”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I always looked forward to visiting Just a taste. You can select a flight of wines from the local area, foreign areas, reds, whites or a mix. Then you order and share what you get with everyone at your table. Excellent food, wine, and service. In the warmer months they have a nice patio out back.

Visited February 2013
Ithaca, New York
“New Year's Brunch: outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hands down my favorite restaurant in Ithaca and when I saw on facebook they were having a brunch on New Years Day, my day was planned around it. The meal was outstanding. I love coming to Just a Taste, it is an approved restaurant by my daughter (picky eater) and as a family or a couple it is a winner.

• Visited January 2014