“Love the Za Za's” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 220 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Reservations
Description: At ZaZa's Cucina Restaurant we offer the most authentic Italian food following the recipes of mother and daughter, Viviana Valenti and Flaminia Cervesi. You can dine with family and friends at one of our large main dining room tables, or you can enjoy a very private and cozy dinner near our fireplace, or at one of our dimly lit corner tables. Enjoy!
Ithaca
“Love the Za Za's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2015 NEW

We only go once a year, if that, but I love this place.
Fine dining, best place in Ithaca, IMO, but I do like The Boatyard and The Heights, too.
Also, a fully staffed and stocked bar with some great elite cocktails.
Food always top notch with great daily specials.
If you're new to Ithaca or just passing through, a good idea to set aside an evening for Za's.

Visited May 2014

Upstate NY
“Something for Everyone - Even a Crowd”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2015

Had a large group dinner here with a downstate crowd, and heard nothing but great things from all the attendees. There's something on the menu for everyone including vegetarians. Ate way too much good food with all my friends, and even went for the black forest tart that included some lovely brandied cherries. I did make up for it by eating kale earlier in the meal.

• Visited March 2015
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Great Italian Food & Handles Large Groups Well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2015

I was part of a group that went here for a dinner. The staff did an excellent job handling our very large group. The food was very good, too; I had fried calamari, fried mozzarella, and veal parmesean- not healthy, but if I was going to go down that night, I would have been happy!

Visited March 2015
Ithaca, NY
“Hit or miss.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

We've eaten here twice in the last month (2/13 & 3/7).
Last month I had the caesar salad and smoked mozzarella ravioli. Dad had the calamari and short rib gnocchi. My husband had the burrata and cavatelli. All delicious!
Last week I had the lasagna; we shared an order of calamari to start. My husband had the mushroom pappardelle. He loved it. The portion on the calamari was half of what my dad got last month. So, he either got too much or we got too little. Odd. For $18 I received one piece of lasagna. Was it an $18 piece of lasagna? No. Very disappointing. The bread arrived half way through our meal the second time, right after we sat down the first time.
Both times when the calamari was ordered we were not offered a choice on sauce as otherwise indicated on the menu. We realized it afterwards. I guess eating here all depends on who is in the kitchen and who is waiting tables on any particular night you go. Good luck!

• Visited March 2015
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Schenectady, New York, United States
“Fantastic Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Very nice, quiet place to dine with an expansive menu (especially the wine & drink menu). Our server was relatively new, and wasn't afraid to find out the answers to any questions we had about the menu (I have food allergies). The atmosphere was very nice and calming. Food was excellent and timed well. The onsite parking was great given the snowy conditions.

Visited February 2015