“Come here often” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 221 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Chinese
“Come here often”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We order food from ling ling's about twice a month and I really enjoy it. The food is very consistent and always tastes good. The people are very friendly and the place is always clean. This is one of my favorite places in Ithaca to get take-out

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Seattle, Washington
“good standard inexpensive Chinese food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Nice little Chinese place, fast takeout, plenty of seating, plenty of parking, handy to a strip mall for a couple errands after lunch (especially handy for eating lunch with laundry finishes at the laundromat). Good choice for a work lunch, as the lunch special is very reasonably priced. Standard Chinese menu, with better-than-average potstickers / dumplings.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Centerville
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Steamed Dumplings were absolutely DEELISH! Definitely recommend those. I had all white meat General's chicken and beef and broccoli. Everything was very good. The crab rangoons were okay but the breading too thick!

Visited November 2013
Vienna, VA
“Service not so good.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

First of all, the picture shown does not go with this restaurant. I've had excellent takeout from this restaurant in the past. We took our college-age daughter and her friend here for dinner. The service wasn't too good -- the waiter brought us two waters and two teas and I couldn't seem to get him to bring me white rice. The pepper stead I ordered was pretty good although it seemed to have more pepper than steak. My hot and sour soup had way too much black pepper in it and not much else (I have this kind of soup often and was disappointed with this). I got the feeling the regular staff was away or something. We had another Chinese restaurant in mind for this dinner but it was closed (on a Tuesday night). Anyway, I was disappointed this time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ithaca, New York
“Quality slipping down very fast”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We are takeout customers of Ling Ling Garden for many years - practically since
it opened. The service, quality and price of food has been quite reasonable if not very good.

In the last month ( August of 2013) we have been very surprised with the unacceptable quality of food - did they change chef or they started cutting corners on their food quality and preparation? For example,
we ordered General Cho Chicken a few weeks ago and to our surprise there was
no MEAT in what we received. It was cartilage or breading.. It was simply disgusting - Nothing we have learned to expect from Ling Ling Garden, After hesitation to go back for 2 weeks, we returned in late August and the food was also below the standards we have learned to expect.

We don't have many take out Chinese restaurants in Ithaca. We hope whatever it is, the owners of Ling Ling Garden address fast their problems (cooks?) and return back to satisfying quality food. Otherwise they will be missing reliable customers like us .. and I am sure we are NOT the only ones noticing this changes.

• Visited August 2013