“Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 221 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Ithaca's premier seafood restaurant on Cayuga Lake, serving you the most flavorful, locally-sourced fare.
Buffalo, New York
“Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We ate ate the bar and thought everything was great. Beet salad was excellent. They also serve a wonderful warm crusty bread. I had fish tacos, which were great. My husband had a chicken pasta dish which was excellent. (They accidentally brought him the lunch portion, which we never noticed, and within about 3 minutes, brought him the full size portion in addition explaining their error. He ended up with the entire full size portion as a take home! We were pretty impressed.). We would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were visiting from Minneapolis for a week-long cycling trip and had a wonderful dinner at this restaurant before we started the trip. We returned after the trip to repeat the experience, even ordering the same dishes, and couldn't believe how disappointing the meal was. First, the salad was served without dressing. The waitress kindly replaced it and we chalked it up to an understandable mistake, but then came the entrees. My chicken dish was fine, even delicious, but our other dish - salmon - was quite dry. We set aside the salmon and split the chicken dish. When the waitress stopped by to ask about our dinners we reported that the salmon seemed rather dry. A few minutes later she returned with a small dish of the sauce that she said the kitchen had mistakenly forgotten to put on the salmon! By this time we had already split my dinner and largely given up on the salmon, which was no longer very warm. All in all a disappointing experience. When we spoke to the manager he offered to comp the salad but, in light of the cumulative errors, I think something more substantial was in order.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Hugo, Minnesota
“smooth sailing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The food was good, the service was excellent, and the price was right. My husband and I were sight seeing all day and of course did not eat all day as well. We were very hungry and ordered two appetizers, two salads, and our entrees. Everything was very good but I thought the service was outstanding. Josh, our waiter, did a wonderful job on getting our food out and the manager stopped by to ask us how everything was. I like to see this when I am dining out. Overall, this was a nice dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta, Georgia
“Unprepared sub par”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went here for a company outing. We had reservations over a week in advance. Upon showing up, we were informed they were out of prime rib, burgers, steak sandwhiches and many other items. The food we did order came out 5 minutes apart, overcooked and poor tasting. Many other choices- i would choose them.

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, United States
“Eh....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We had heard nothing but good about this place, and the 4 circles is interesting so we tried it. To be honest with you, I am not sure if the people who rated this highly know really good seafood. Our shrimp was overcooked and rubbery, our fish tacos had nothing more than a fish-stick-sized piece of fish inside, the clam chowder was a weird hybrid between creamy and broth, and the crab topped cod lacked seasoning. Honestly, we had high hopes but I think that Bonefish or Red Lobster is a better place. At least they have cheddar biscuits.

As for the service, it wasn't lightning quick and wasn't all that attentive.

I would take or leave this place.....but honestly, I am going to hunt down a Bonefish rather than go back here.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere