“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 241 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Opening in September 2012, Booker's Backyard is proud to offer homemade All-American classics, fantastic libations, serene outdoor dining and stunning views of the Cayuga Lake Valley.
New York City, New York
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stopped in yesterday after a recommendation from a "local". Stepped in to a warm and inviting restaurant with great decor, a nice bar area, and wait staff who were great. Our drinks never remained empty and the servers were on the mark.

Hog wings, onion soup and barbecued shrimp were our lead off appetizers. All were great. The soup had mushrooms and Swiss cheese melted on top. Mains of steak, seafood pot pie and ribs were all equally good. The seafood dish had hunks of lobster and a quantity of shrimp...yummy.

We will return.

• Visited December 2012

Ithaca, New York
“Monday night feast with an at home feeling.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Dinner tonight at the bar was terrific. My wife and I split one appetizer, she had a dinner sized portion of soup and I had an entree. Food was served promptly, hot and everything was very, very flavorful. We're stuffed! The bar staff was great getting things out and then cleared. We could not have felt more welcome. Each visit to Booker's gets better and they seem to be hitting home runs in the kitchen with their new chef.

Ithaca, New York
“Almost Amazing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

After seeing the amazing location, beautiful outdoor seating, and spectacular bar I started to get excited. Reading the delicious menu (mac and cheese with pulled pork on top!) got my expectations high.
We began with the mac and cheese bites, because my boyfriend and I wanted to try the mac and cheese but didn't want it as an entree. The texture was great, but the taste was bland. Just a little salt and pepper in the breading and maybe a little bit of a stronger cheese (or some salt at least) would improve it.
For our entrees I ordered a Bourbon Burger and my boyfriend the Pork Butt sandwich. I expected my burger to have a little more taste to it, since it says a shot or bourbon bbq sauce would be present, but unfortunately there was only a drizzle. The burger itself needed a little seasoning as well.
My boyfriend loves southern food, but his pork was very bland in his opinion.
I think this restaurant is still finding it's footing. The ingredients used were obviously fresh and of a good quality. The menu is creative and contains a lot of delicious comfort foods. As a southern influenced restaurant I think the chefs need to be a little bolder with their spices! I will definitely try it again in a few months once it has time to refine the menu. This restaurant has great potential!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
ithaca, ny
“My new favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Booker's Backyard just opened so things aren't 100% perfect yet but they are trying hard and the staff is helpful & accommodating. The menu has something for everyone. The roasted beet salad was delicious and their biscuits and hush puppies are amazing. My carnivore partner was satisfied and this vegetarian found plenty of options. Looking forward to going back to try the mac & cheese. There is an adorable & affordable kids menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Wolcott
“60 Degree's, Sunny, Awesome Food, Awesome Outside with View, Fantastic Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

A Wonderful Day of Checking Out Cayuga Lake Winery's and The Opening of Myers Farm Distillery(YUM) ! Bookers Backyard has taken over a site and transformed it to A DESTINATION!
The Draft Beer selection is great, The Bottle Beer Selection is great, The new patio is great, THE LOCAL WINE Selection is Carefully Selected and is Fantastic. Christina (Hard Working College Student{second job worker), entertained our choice to Dine Outside in the Beautiful Backyard.
The Fresh Baked(scratch)Roll Biscuits were served warm and yummy. We Tried the Starter Shrimp(6 FRESH, Coated, Quick Dip in the oil) with an amazing NOT out of the Bottle Cocktail Sauce. The Shrimp disappear in an instant(these were not your normal size shrimp cocktail shrimp). The Seafood Chowder is very good. We chose the Cedar Salmon and the (Bigger) Prime Rib. The Salmon was nice size a was Oh Wow. I like my Prime Rib Rare, It was perfection. You don't need a steak knife. The fresh grilled vegetable very tasty! We had the S'more Creme Brulle, and The Strawberry Rhubarb Shortcake for dessert. Everyone We met and Dealt with at Bookers were at the Top of there game. Please try Bookers Backyard. They get busy at dinnertime....... show up early or wait until after the dinner rush. They have a nice view of the Fall Sunsets. Enjoy!