“Super Location For This Fine Inn” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The William Henry Miller Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
The William Henry Miller Inn
You added The William Henry Miller Inn to your Saves list
303 North Aurora Street, Ithaca, NY 14850   |
Ranked #2 of 20 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Super Location For This Fine Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

First off you need to recognize that Ithaca, NY has about the worst collection of accommodations of any college town this size in the USA. That being said, we enjoyed our stay at the quirky, competent William Henry Miller Inn. Big pluses were the aforementioned location--you can leave your car for the weekend and walk almost everywhere-- two blocks from the Commons and near all the shops and restaurants. The Inn itself is quality--excellent gourmet breakfasts, comfortable beds and a friendly owner. Free wi-fi as well! There are a few negatives--the lighting in the rooms is bad, the steam heat oppressive one night and fine the next, etc. The TV is tiny and the room set up not terrific. But the price was good (especially since breakfast is included) and we had a very nice stay. We recommend it highly and will be back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Millerinn, Owner at The William Henry Miller Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks for your insightful review! First and foremost, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
I just wanted to address a couple of the points you raised. Single digit temperatures and an 1880 house can make my hair grayer than it is already! I am so sorry that you experienced the fluctuation in temperature. If you return again (and we sincerely hope you do!), please use the number for the Innkeeper on Duty ANYTIME---even 3AM. That's what we're here for! Your comfort is key to us and I literally sleep with the phone on my pillow. I'm ready at any hour to take care of what needs to be taken care of. And truly, your comfort is key.
We had just had a repair done on the furnace and it was almost like the repair gave it new life---I'm so sorry that you were so warm.
We are in the process of replacing all of the televisions to flat screen. It's just a matter of time before the one in your room will be upgraded.
And as far as the lighting and configuration--I will give that immediate attention. As someone who likes to read in bed, I know how important that is. Thank you for bringing that to our attention and again, we would have been happy to move other lamps in if we had known it was a problem. We try to do "light bulb check Monday" to be sure all bulbs are working as they should be---we slipped up here and I'm sorry.
We are so glad that you did enjoy your stay and I agree with you--I just love our location.
Thank you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Keuka Lake, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying here the first week in November 2012 (over two months ago). Today, I found myself on this site scouting out future travel plans when I was reminded of my experience at The WHM Inn. I have never written a lodging review before and I couldn't think of a better place to start! Dave and his staff went above and beyond any expectations my girlfriend and I could have had. As a seasonal business owner on Keuka Lake and former Marriott concierge, I am aware of the effort it takes to be successful in the hospitality industry and this crew makes it look effortless. The William Henry Miller will not disappoint. This is how an overnight stay is suppose to be.

Seth O.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I just got home from my mini-getaway to Ithaca with a friend to celebrate my sixtieth birthday, and the memory couldn't be better. The William Henry Miller Inn is conveniently located in downtown Ithaca, within an easy walking distance of the Commons and its numerous shops and restaurants. From the minute we walked through the door, Lynnette couldn't have been more gracious. The house is lovely, spotlessly maintained with antiques, yet very homey and cozy. Because the renovations on the bathroom in the room that we had reserved had not been completed, Lynnette gave us each our own room (I was traveling with a friend), with a private bathroom featuring a whirlpool tub, at no additonal cost. Lynnette offered helpful advice about dinner suggestions, and, after we returned from a delicious tapas dinner, she surprised me with a birthday cake, which was placed on the nightly dessert table. There's also no need to go hungry here,,,besides the delicious breakfast (with your choice of a sweet or savory offering), there is a fruit bowl and cookie jar, along with the aforementioned nightly dessert table! Everything was splendid...I made reservations for the summer before I left! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Both of the rooms my friend and I stayed in were lovely. I was in the Sanctuary and my friend stayed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind, kind words and needless to say, we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!
We love our desserts at night (some days I love them too much as my hips will attest....) and we're so glad that YOU loved it. Birthday cakes are lots of fun for us to do.
Thank you for your flexibility with the room change. We had anticipated that all would be done but working with an 1880 house always brings surprises that we didn't anticipate.
We'll be very happy to see you this summer --- there is just so much to do in Ithaca in the good weather!
Thank you again.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I feel so lucky to have discovered the Miller Inn on just my second visit to Ithaca....at the start of my daughter's 6 year program at Ithaca College. The Inn is perfectly located on the edge of downtown within walking distance of lots of restaurants and shops. The rooms are lovely and spacious (I've stayed in several of them) and the beds are very comfortable. The breakfasts are truly to die for. But, the best thing about this Inn is the warm and welcoming hosts, Lynnette and Dave. The Miller Inn is my Ithaca home away from home and I would not think of staying anywhere else when I visit. A gem!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Believe me, the pleasure is all ours! It is just so wonderful to have our guests return. Like great family!
Thank you so much and we'll look forward to your next stay!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been guests at the Inn several times over the years as we make our way to and from upstate family visits, and always have a lovely experience -- Lynnette and Dave are always so welcoming, and make us feel so very cared for. We visited the Inn over the 2012 winter holidays, and it was the complete highlight of the entire two weeks. Our plans were last minute, but thankfully Lynnette and Dave had a room available (and had one for my husband on his return trip too - wish I had been there!). It was a cozy and warm space complete with fireplace and lots of books. Desserts at night are always excellent -- it's a real treat to find them out on the sideboard as if by magic, and we always try each and every one (and they are all great -- both Lynnette and Dave are amazing bakers). This year, with the lit Christmas tree and holiday decorations, it was wonderful. And breakfast in the morning is special -- always a choice of savory or sweet, accompanied by homemade baked goods and lots of friendly conversation with other guests, and Lynnette and Dave. We'll definitely come back as often as we can.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are excellent. Each is decorated in tasteful colors and with nice, solid furniture...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We just love to have you stay at the Inn. Consider the "Red Carpet" always rolled out for you!
And thank you again. You make innkeeping a wonderful profession.
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I've just graduated from Cornell, and I want to thank Lynnette publicly for her warm hospitality over the years! The William Henry Miller Inn has always been my parents' favorite place to stay in Ithaca, and, over the past few years, Lynnette has always been very kind to us, welcoming us by name and remembering our personal details.

I've enjoyed each stay I've had at the Miller Inn, and, even when I haven't been staying at the Inn with my parents, Lynnette has never minded if I join them for breakfast or dessert, which I've really appreciated. One of the first times my parents stayed at the Inn, Lynnette spoke to me at length about finding an apartment downtown and even gave me a few referrals for landlords and property companies she trusted.

The Inn is beautiful, certainly, and well-maintained, but Lynnette's genuine interest in her guests is what makes a stay here both special and unique. Thank you for all your help and kindness over the years, Lynnette!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Millerinn, Owner at The William Henry Miller Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Wow! It's rare that I'm at a loss for words but your note is so lovely, it leaves me speechless.
It has been such a pleasure to meet your family and having lived here for thirty plus years (What???), I am always happy to share information that will be helpful.
It will be lovely to hear from you in the future to learn what you are doing in life after Cornell.
Thank you again and we wish you the very, very best.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I always try to stay at The William Henry Miller Inn when I travel to Ithaca to visit my daughter at Cornell. The stay is always exceptional, warm, and "beyond business". The last time I was in town, there appeared to be "no room at the inn", so I chose another. I was very disappointed in the other B&B, but Lynnette saved my day by finding a room for me the next morning! I actually could have had the room the evening before, so I recommend always calling to check on cancellations.

Staying at The William Henry Miller Inn is better than home. There are the incredible breakfasts, the beautiful rooms, and the desserts waiting at the end of the evening.

But, even more, is the warmth and genuine concern for my daughter and my well-being.

I will always stay here when I travel to Ithaca.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time to ask Lynnette for the best room choice for your stay. When I came with the who...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Millerinn, Owner at The William Henry Miller Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
You are so kind to write! And, I'm so glad that everything worked out so well.
When we opened the Inn, I had never thought about the relationships that would be developed with our guests. It is so wonderful to watch incoming freshman grow and learn and get to know their families too. Those relationships are just priceless.
We are very happy that you've been pleased with your stays and look forward to a couple more years!!

Been to The William Henry Miller Inn? Share your experiences!