“Great” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 221 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: AGAVA is a Southwest-Inspired restaurant featuring a wood-fired oven, farm-to-table cuisine and a seasonal menu. The restaurant also has one of the most unique bars in the region, both in design and drink selection. Agava is located in the old East Ithaca Train Depot in Ithaca, NY.
Naples, New York
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant. The food is terrific and the service is good. The drinks menu is very large (one of the very few restaurants which serve vsop brandy). It gets crowded and therefor noisy, so get a table on the deck if the weather is good. Very highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012

“Excellent Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

I have visited Agava for dinner, and had an excellent dinner and cocktails. That being said, my husband and my 3 year old decided to go for brunch and had a really great experience. They were very friendly towards our son, supplied crayons and a menu to draw on (which doesn't always happen in nicer restaurants) the atmosphere was just as nice in the morning as it was at night, music was relaxing yet fun. They brought a basket of moist and sweet cornbread with butter and what I would assume was homemade raspberry jam, We both ordered the eggs Benidictos, which were delicious, the (local)Ham was tender, the eggs cooked perfectly, and the sauce was awesome. My son ordered a special which was peach pancakes with (local) Bacon which he gobbled up and after seeing his, my husband ordered his own plate of Bacon. I will say, next time I will definitely go back after noon for the live music and bloody Marys, which I missed. A nice touch to the coffee was the bowl of natural sugar cubes. Can't wait to go back!!

Hammondsport, NY
“Great food, beautiful atmosphere, will definitely return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I went to Agava with three other friends before we went to a show at the Hangar Theatre. I had never been to Agava before, and I was struck by the beautiful design and style of the place. Everything was just beautiful. We ordered a couple apps, lunch, and dessert. I'm not a huge guacamole person, but theirs might change my mind! It was fabulous. I got the "Beat it" flat bread. The combo of beets, goat cheese, and jalapenos was fabulous. Everyone else was very happy with their selection also. We all got different desserts and they were also wonderful. I will definitely go back, as there was so much more on the menu that I wanted to try. The waitress we had was very attentive, and the rest of the staff was also. We were greeted as we walked in, and thanked as we left. A wonderful experience all around.

• Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Great tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We loved the food, great variety and quality, fresh farm ingredients, smily friendly service, loved the wood covered wall and overall ambiance. When we came in it was extremely busy, mostly locals, which us always a good sign. The hostess offered to text me when a table was ready- great idea. We chilled outside on the rattan sofa. Loved this place!

Millburn, New Jersey
“Southwestern Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We were a party of 12 and ate most reasonably including wine and appetizers. tasted the best black bean burger and tomato pie which was a daily special. Would definitely return.

Visited August 2012