“Interesting food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Newfield, New York
“Interesting food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I liked the options as far as food went and drinks but I do not understand why it needs to be so dark inside. I felt like I couldn't see my food or the company I was with. The beer was great! Food good but way over seasoned i ordered a blackbean burger and would try something different next time.

Visited April 2012

Finger Lakes
“Hip hidaway with gourmet dishes and interesting beers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My intrepid husband found this restaurant online while hunting for interesting dinner locations, to give gift certificates to, for Christmas.

Ithaca is so cool anyways, but this underground, basement pub is modern, and hipster, but wasn't overwhelming for a couple of 30-40 somethings like us. The stone walls, art, beer display, and even the tables, were fun to look at. The waitress was patient with me when I expressed a desire to learn if I liked darker beers. She let me taste a couple before choosing and I loved it!

The menu was incredibly tempting. We had the porkbelly appetizer, which was AMAZING. it was served with a delicious polenta. There were a number of dishes we wanted to try. My husband chose the duck, and I chose a platter that was built on cornbread waffles. Both dishes were so pretty I took a picture, knowing I'd post here!

The waitress also gave us additional suggestions for local restaurants she liked, for our Christmas gift hunt. Which was out of the way nice of her.

We'll be back to this restaurant, and I can't wait to see the menu again!!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syracuse, New York
“Great Beer. Creative Menu.Service Okay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This undergroung bar and eatery was very good. Local ingredients, good craft brews. Food hit on trends of the day - waffles, comfort food. Good meal and great tasting menus for their local beers. Our server was a little underwhelming. Did her job but just barely. Would definitley go back though. We had the potato and cheese dumplings - huge and tasty. Fish & Chips - large pottion and very hot. Shrimp over waffles - really dense with waffle and cream sauce but great flavor.

Visited January 2013
Woodstock, Illinois
“Friendly service - good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

After exploring the Cornell campus, we stopped in for lunch one Sunday. The menu is varied and enticing for those who want more healthy choices. We tried the sauteed brussel sprouts, followed by the beet salad and vegan curry dish. Yum ! The wait staff was courtious and helpful in their recommendations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, NY
“Come for the Bacon & stay for the Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were passing through town on a sunny Saturday and needed some lunch. Scanning the web for a place for a beer and a burger this place caught are eye. Specifically the mention of their homemade bacon is what drew us in. We ordered the burger which was very good, with bacon on the side, excellent, and a cup of the shrimp chowder, also very good. They have an excellent beer selection where they let you try before you buy - this helped me avoid a bad beer choice. The basement location was a bit cave-like on a sunny day but it was not a big factor. If we are back in town I would stop again because the menu had some other interesting items.

• Visited November 2012