“Comfortable business like hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
Jaipur
“Comfortable business like hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel just for a night. It was comfortable but there was nothing to make it special. It was very average and the whole atmosphere was cold and business like. I would not come back to this hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The good: rooms were spacious, clean, and nice, staff was friendly and helpful, beds were comfortable, breakfast was tasty. Located just ten minutes from downtown Ithaca with lots of dining options, and Cornell university.

The (temporary) bad: as indicated on their website when I made the reservation, they were in the middle of a MAJOR renovation. I've been to hotels mid-renovation before but never anything like this. The entire lobby was a construction site-ripped up floors, construction dust, bare walls, yellow tape, cones and tools everywhere. There was a little temporary lobby next to what used to be the lobby, and a side door set up for entry. It was impossible to get to the one working elevator, which had ripped up carpets and was covered in construction dust, without walking on uncovered floor and tracking dust on our shoes. On our last day, we were unable to order any breakfast items that weren't on the buffet because the refrigerator went down, which I'm assuming was due to the construction and power issues. The marketplace (a big part of the reason I choose to stay at courtyards) was down sized to a temporary mini marketplace which serves only water, beer and wine.

I would highly recommend this hotel when they're done renovating. Until then, unless you're comfortable in a construction zone, steer clear of the courtyard.

• Stayed December 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We were booked here with a group and was not aware that the hotel was being remodeled. While the room was ok the common areas including the elevators were full of drywall dust and a mess.Definetely not work the money we paid. Very disapponting.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I didn't mean to choose a hotel quite so far from Cornell for a conference trip, but I was extremely happy with the Marriott. It is only 10 minutes from campus or town, and their free shuttle service to and from anywhere in Ithaca is is marvelous, and makes getting around easy, fast and convenient. The rural setting, 2 minutes from the airport, is peaceful and pretty--and handy for early airline departures! My room was terrific: large, comfortable, nicely decorated, well-appointed and with a very pleasant view over the trees.The staff were welcoming and helpful. They were undergoing renovations when I stayed, so the entrance was a bit cramped, but they didn't let this interfere with the comfort or service. The only thing not functioning was the restaurant (other than for breakfast), which was a bit difficult since the hotel isn't in town near other eateries, but this was only a problem the afternoon I arrived, since I wasn't expecting it. Altogether, the staff coped well with the disruption and deserve credit for ensuring that all went smoothly.

Room Tip: My 3rd floor room at the front had a lovely view of trees.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Itahca, NY. We knew they were undergoing construction and didn't think it would bother us. Our room was very nice and updated. I thought the bed was very comfortable but it was too soft for my husband. We had a rude awakening however when at about 2 am the deafening fire alarm went off. We went outside by the stairs into the cold with the other guests. There was only one Marriott employee on the property at the time and she did not come out to tell us anything. We waited until the fire company left and then went in. We heard from other guests that the cause was the construction dust. It would have been nice to hear something from Marriott such as a note under our door or a phone message to apologize and let us know what happened. Nothing. What bothered us was that this was not an act of god or a guest. This was directly caused by improper ventilation as a result of the construction. We were disappointed by the handling of this very unsettling event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were awoken from sleep at about 3am. Many of us dressed and waited outside to assess the danger. We learned that the fire alarm system had responded to dust in the air. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation to the first floor rooms and lobby. Because there was an event in the area the rates were quite high - over $200 per night. When we requested some kind of compensation for the disturbed sleep, we were informed that the system was working as it should have and no compensation would be offered. I beg to differ - a fire alarm system that responds to dust in the air is not working properly. Apparently the alarm had gone off several days before as well. There was no one present in the hotel to respond to guests, no apologies or compensation to guests. A great disappointment from the Marriott group.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The property is clean and quiet. I didi not care too much for the breakfast, and I am giving 3 instead of 4 because the iron in my room leaked water and the when I told the front-desk person during check-out they did not seem to care at all. The service was somewhat less of what I expect from Marriott and for that price range.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Ithaca? Share your experiences!