“Smart, comfortable and friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Smart, comfortable and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I didn't mean to choose a hotel quite so far from Cornell for a conference trip, but I was extremely happy with the Marriott. It is only 10 minutes from campus or town, and their free shuttle service to and from anywhere in Ithaca is is marvelous, and makes getting around easy, fast and convenient. The rural setting, 2 minutes from the airport, is peaceful and pretty--and handy for early airline departures! My room was terrific: large, comfortable, nicely decorated, well-appointed and with a very pleasant view over the trees.The staff were welcoming and helpful. They were undergoing renovations when I stayed, so the entrance was a bit cramped, but they didn't let this interfere with the comfort or service. The only thing not functioning was the restaurant (other than for breakfast), which was a bit difficult since the hotel isn't in town near other eateries, but this was only a problem the afternoon I arrived, since I wasn't expecting it. Altogether, the staff coped well with the disruption and deserve credit for ensuring that all went smoothly.

Room Tip: My 3rd floor room at the front had a lovely view of trees.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Itahca, NY. We knew they were undergoing construction and didn't think it would bother us. Our room was very nice and updated. I thought the bed was very comfortable but it was too soft for my husband. We had a rude awakening however when at about 2 am the deafening fire alarm went off. We went outside by the stairs into the cold with the other guests. There was only one Marriott employee on the property at the time and she did not come out to tell us anything. We waited until the fire company left and then went in. We heard from other guests that the cause was the construction dust. It would have been nice to hear something from Marriott such as a note under our door or a phone message to apologize and let us know what happened. Nothing. What bothered us was that this was not an act of god or a guest. This was directly caused by improper ventilation as a result of the construction. We were disappointed by the handling of this very unsettling event.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were awoken from sleep at about 3am. Many of us dressed and waited outside to assess the danger. We learned that the fire alarm system had responded to dust in the air. The hotel is currently undergoing renovation to the first floor rooms and lobby. Because there was an event in the area the rates were quite high - over $200 per night. When we requested some kind of compensation for the disturbed sleep, we were informed that the system was working as it should have and no compensation would be offered. I beg to differ - a fire alarm system that responds to dust in the air is not working properly. Apparently the alarm had gone off several days before as well. There was no one present in the hotel to respond to guests, no apologies or compensation to guests. A great disappointment from the Marriott group.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The property is clean and quiet. I didi not care too much for the breakfast, and I am giving 3 instead of 4 because the iron in my room leaked water and the when I told the front-desk person during check-out they did not seem to care at all. The service was somewhat less of what I expect from Marriott and for that price range.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Westfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

While visiting Ithaca college, my daughter and I stayed here. It's a little drive from the campus even though it's one of the closer hotels, but no a hassle at all. Rooms were clean and in working order, internet was reliable, and the staff friendly. Breakfast is not included, but a full kitchen was able to accommodate our small order because we didn't want to eat at the buffet. We'll definitely stay here again if my daughter decides to go to school here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I visited this property for a wedding. As a Marriott Gold Elite, I stay at a lot of Courtyards. I found my experience at the Courtyard Ithaca to be better than average.

I was greeted by an exceptionally friendly front-desk staff. They acknowledged my gold status and provided great details about the local area.

The room was very nice--typical for the newer Courtyards. Aside from being clean, the desk had an ergonomic chair and the TV had plenty of cable channels. The room also had a refrigerator. And, as always, I slept very well on the Marriott bed.

Breakfast was good. I will say that the buffet offerings were a bit on the low side when compared to other Courtyard properties. Nevertheless, the service was great.

The hotel is located adjacent to Ithaca's airport. The setting is quiet if not serene. Although the hotel provides shuttle service, I think that a car is an absolute must because Ithaca is quite spread out.

Overall I enjoyed my stay there. If I return to Ithaca I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

With a son attending college in Ithaca we have already made a number of trips plus expect to be making many more. As frequent stayers at Marriott hotels this was by far the nicest yet. More Marriott like thaca courtyard. The rooms were large, the beds comfortable, and the service exceptional. While a bit more expensive than te other places we have stayed at, it was the cleanest, most spacious so far.

• Stayed September 2012