“Excellent, just excellent...” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 221 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Open since November 2010, Mercato Bar & Kitchen offers Italian inspired seasonally conscious cuisine, an extensive specialty cocktail program and Italian and New York state wines.
Ithaca, New York
“Excellent, just excellent...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Perfect in every way. Semi open kitchen displaying organized action, good waitstaff, fresh ingredients. Super set up!!

NY
“Duck ragu was amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Each time we go, we're pleased how well the food and drinks are presented.

We started with a frisée and beet salad that rocked.

My daughter and I had pappardelle with duck ragu. If I could have licked the plate without a smack from my wife, I would have. Her fluke in parchment was fabulous.

They also make the best cocktails. I especially like how they can use absinthe superbly.

And the service is attentive, but not cloying.

Sunapee, New Hampshire
“It doesn't get any better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Mercato is a very small restaurant with nice ambience,great service, drinks and the best grilled pork chop I have ever tasted. As everyone knows pork will dry out if not prepared properly. This entree was prepared perfectly;moist and delicious with just a touch of spicy flavor rubbed on the on the outside.We were with family who had raved about this restaurant and wanted to return and now the still want to return and next time We are in Ithica we shall return.
PS no reservations accepted

• Visited November 2012
Utica, New York
“Like Watching a Ballet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We were walk-ins to this small restaurant on a busy Friday night and took seats at the bar. The food was wonderful, and a highlight was watching the three chefs and two bartenders perform the roles flawlessly as if we were watching a ballet. The bartenders predicted our every need without waiting to be asked, and they suggested how our orders should be served along with changes in accompaniaments. It was a wonderful 2 hours.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Toronto
“The Bees Knees”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I was visiting Cornell for a few days and my dinner here was easily the best meal of my trip.

In particular, the ravioli was very nice and the lemon panna cotta was excellent. I also enjoyed their Bees Knees cocktail (honey, lemon and gin). The wait staff were all very polite and super attentive.

I will absolutely return, the next time I am in Ithaca.

• Visited October 2012