“Never judge a book by its cover.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cheektowaga, NY
“Never judge a book by its cover.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

From the outside, this restaurant has nothing to recommend it. However, the interior is beautiful and simplistic with tables set at a good distance from each other for a bit of privacy.

My husband and I were seated in the small dining room upon entry into the restaurant. Our drink order was placed immediately and our water glasses were never empty. (That's service!) If you ask for a soda, you will be given a can of soda and a chilled glass. (Perfect!)

After reviewing the extensive menu, we split an order of fresh rolls, and were served four very large and delicious fresh rolls...a bargain for $5.95! They were accompanied by peanut sauce and another sauce that was spicy and yummy.

Our cups of Tom Yum and Tom Kha soup followed and we finished them in short order. Our waitress asked us how 'hot' we would like our soups prepared from 1 to 5. We both ordered ours as '4's and we weren't disappointed. My nose was nearly running by the time I took my last spoonful of soup.

Our entrees arrived seconds after we finished our soups. I opted for the Galeng Karee (yellow curry) and my husband ordered the Pra Ram Long Song. Again, we were asked the heat level that we wanted our entrees prepared. I absolutely love that they do this! Our entrees arrived in bowls and our rice came beautifully prepared on a plate. High raves all around!

Although we didn't have any room left for dessert after this wonderful meal, we just couldn't resist. My husband ordered the fried ice cream and I ordered the roti. He thought that the ice cream was okay, but I definitely fell in love with the roti.

Parking is limited in the lot, but is available nearby. The service is stellar and the food is fantastic. I can't imagine a higher recommendation for this restaurant. If you dine here you will definitely be pleased.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ithaca, New York
“Great duck!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Great Thai restaurant with 10% discount for Thai student at Cornell. Duck with rice and pad Thai were really good. Roti for desert was amazing! However, without a car, it was really hard to get there.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York
“Loved it again..and super pro service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

A well managed gem worth your consideration. Forget trying to have a view from a (terrible) waterfront restaurant and go have a great dish of curry or duck or seafood from this popular place. This is my second visit in a year and my chef friends lunch here all the time. When in Ithaca I go where they go!
Extensive menu with delish gyoza and a to die for sauce. If you like spicey request 3.5 to 4 on the Richter scale and you will enjoy the chile kick in your entree. Our server and busser
were terrific, well -trained pros.

Take your own bottle of special wine ...corkage is only 8 bucks. Or they have wine..
Wish I had a place this good near me. Keep up the good work. We will always be back!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ithaca, New York
“Can get very busy - decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The first time we went was a Friday and there was over an hour wait so we did not stay. It is a fairly small restaurant so be prepared to wait if you go on a weekend evening. We went back to have lunch instead, it was not busy. Our food was good. Portions were not that large. Service was good. Prices are a bit high.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California, United States
“College town Thai at a reasonable price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We're from the SF Bay Area, so we're spoiled... But the dishes we were served were either heavy/greasy or too cold. Nothing tasted as if made to order. The prices are very reasonable so if you aren't picky, this might be the place for you.

• Visited April 2013