“Strictly ordinary” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Ithaca
pennsylvania
“Strictly ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our experience here could have been better. Only two rooms were rented the night we stayed yet they put us next to the other rented room. It gave us the chance to realize the soundproofing was not the best. I could hear him snoring and could hear her sneeze occasionally. Fortunately, they were not noisy otherwise it could have been a bad stay. There was no ice machine and being granted an ice bucket of ice seemed like a chore. The continental breakfast was passable. Bottom line -- when we are in Ithaca next spring, we will try someplace else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were making a quick stop in Ithaca to visit some friends. We were pleased with the accomodations at the Embassy Inn. The room was very clean and comfortable and suited our needs perfectly. The staff was quite friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Conshohocken, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were touring Cornell, and it just happened to be Homecoming weekend. I couldn't find a room at one of the chain hotels. Based on other TripAdvisor reviews, I booked a room here for one night. It was a little outdated (think Wildwood circa 1980s!), but otherwise ok. The room was large and had windows that opened in the front and back. The bathroom was also big, but had mis-matched tiles on the floor and a blue bath tub and toilet. The beds were comfortable and it was clean. My only comment on cleanliness was i wish they had wiped the area around the sink better. The walls were a little gross.
The location was good and it was easy access. It appears to be run by a family, and they were pleasant and accommodating. They also had a continental breakfast, but we didn't eat there so I'm not sure how good it was or if it was extra. My stay wasn't cheap ($155) because it was homecoming. But I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room. And stay on the first floor, unless you want to lug your stuff up a flg...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My son and I were touring their theist for colleges and just couldn't afford large chains every night. I'm so glad we found this motel! It's small, quiet, clean, no frills. Everyone was very nice. We were right down the road from the city and shopping. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Located only a few minutes away from the University and on several bus routes, this was a great place to stay for a week or two whilst working. The rooms had everything I needed and were VERY clean. The service was good and everyone very helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Boone, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We needed an affordable hotel for the Ithaca area ($90 or so). Thanks to the previous Trip Advisor comments, I booked this motel for two nights. It was fine from the standpoint that it is a comfortable place to sleep. Absolutely no frills. Best part is how clean the room and especially the bathroom was. And I felt safe at the hotel. Thanks to the candid reviews.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Freehold, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

I needed just one night, so I stayed here based on reviews on this site. I was not disappointed. Yes the room was small and not fancy - but everything was clean. My bed was comfortable enough and was not an issue. I stayed on the ground floor direclty across from the office building. Maybe not all of the rooms are the same, based on some of the reviews on this site.

Compared to the going rate at other places I stayed during the "off" season, this place was not priced too high.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Inn Motel? Share your experiences!