“Great Swimming” 4 of 5 stars

Type: State Parks, Outdoors
New Jersey
“Great Swimming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

Stooped hear on a hot summer trip. It was crowded but my kids (ages 3 to 15) loved it. At the bottom of the falls is an old fashioned swimming hole with a diving board and rock face to climb across.

• Hebrew first
New Jersey
28 attraction reviews
“beautifal natural pool under the falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and I visited the Robert Treman park with our two children, 4 and 2. The lower fall is very easily accessible from the parking lot. The natural swimming pool at the bottom of the fall is beautiful. There are life guards on duty. There is a diving board and also a section of shallow water (2 ft) for children. Unfortunately, when we visited, the water temperature was too cold for us (<60). This was probably because it had been raining for a few days and we visited quite early in the morning. The bathroom near the pool is clean.

Since we are with 2 young children, we were advised not to walk the trail from the lower fall. We drove to the upper fall. We didn't know how long or how hard the trail to upper fall is for the children. I am really glad we went. We walked about a quarter of a mile, and wow, it is beautiful! We didn't walk the whole trail, just saw the falls. My four year old had no problem doing all the trails. And my 2 year old needed some carrying from time to time. But all in all, it's easy trail for family with kids.

If I had to compare this to Watkins Glen, I'd rate them about the same. Robert Treman has more beautiful waterfalls. Watkins Glen is more about the gorge. I would place this in front of Taughannock Falls, which is also nearby.