“A beautiful home with a lovely innkeeper.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hound And Hare

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ithaca
The Hound And Hare
You added The Hound And Hare to your Saves list
1031 Hanshaw Rd, Ithaca, NY 14850-2741   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Ithaca B&B and Inns
Florida
“A beautiful home with a lovely innkeeper.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2014

My husband and I needed a place to stay for a long weekend to attend a wedding. I usually will stay at a chain hotel over a Bed and Breakfast because the comforts are generally universal. My husband loves the whole bed and breakfast experience and since we were traveling without our children I thought I would give this place a shot. The Hound and Hare did not disappoint! There was so much history and charm in and around the property. We spent our mornings on the patio overlooking the pond and gardens. Breakfast was delicious every morning and met our dietary needs. I selected this particular location because my husband loves to take a bath, and each room has a jetted tub/shower combo that was perfect. Our room was cleaned every morning, and we were left with fresh toiletries for the next day. We can not wait to come back in the spring and bring our children! There is a room that has a separate sleeping area with two twin beds that would be perfect for a family of four. The location is great. We were right down the street from the airport, and about a ten minute drive to Ithaca Commons. I feel like we found a hidden gem and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I could have given this place a 0, but I understand that people have accidents and difficult situations, and people don't always react in the most responsible way. There was a family emergency and instead of asking a friend to help watch the hotel, the owner, Zetta, cancelled my reservation. Being so close to the Cornell campus, she must realize that it is 2 weeks before commencement, and it is absolutely impossible for anyone to find an availability anywhere in the city for those specific dates on such short notice. By all means book this hotel if you want to take the risk that if anything comes up with this family, you might be living on the streets.

Room Tip: Pray nothing comes up with any family members or pets
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ventured to Ithaca for a few days of waterfall hiking. This inn was so accommodating with our changing dates and the need to have breakfast a bit earlier. Our room, the Victoria, was spacious and very comfortable. The room was large and very quiet at night. The best part, in addition to the fabulous inn, was the hostess!! She was so sweet and kind. She was a wealth of information. I would come back just for the incredible gourmet breakfasts! We will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had an early morning meeting time at Cornell and asked Zetta in advance for an early breakfast. She accommodated our needs graciously. Breakfast was tasty but might not suit picky kids. My daughter and I shared the Vanessa. The rooms were very nice as was the common area. I was a bit confused as I thought we were getting the Christina (two twins, all we needed), we ended up with both the Christina and the Vanessa (adjoining, with queen). The one-night stay ended up being the most expensive of our NYS college visit week, but I looked all over Ithaca and it was slim pickins. I would make sure next time about which room is which. And watch out for construction on Hanshaw Road--it was due to start right after our stay in mid-April.

Room Tip: As noted above, if you want the Vanessa or Christina but not both, ask to make sure you don't ge...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
West Warren, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This B&B is in a quiet area near the Cornell University campus. Zetta was a wonderful hostess and a good cook. The home is a beautifully furnished, clean and comfortable place and perfect for a couples get-away. We would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The place is very nice. Very good bed, bathrooms nice and clean, and the best thing: the manager is a sweet and polite lady. I definitely recommend Hound and Hare to everyone that intend to stay in Ithaca, NY. Actually if you're going to Cornell University, this is the perfect place, since is near to Cornell's campus.
O lugar é muito agradável. Cama boa, banheiro agradável e limpo, e o melhor de tudo: a dona é uma mulher doce e educada. Eu recomendo definitivamente Hound and Hare a todos que pretendem ficar em Ithaca, NY. Na verdade, se você está indo para a Universidade de Cornell, este é o lugar perfeito, uma vez que está bem perto do campus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and stayed for one night in the Vanessa room. The room was amazing and spotless and with a lot of charm. We could see the beautiful garden through our window. Zetta was really warm and welcoming and made us a delicious breakfast the next morning.
The house is gorgeous and has a very relaxing and beautiful secluded garden with a pond with colorful fish. Only problem is that we stayed only one night. We can't wait to came back to ithaca again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hound And Hare? Share your experiences!