“Marriot hotel stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Patterson, New York
“Marriot hotel stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The experience was wonderful. I received an email offering the mobile app to quicken the check in process. The staff was courteous and helpful. I realized after leaving that I had left my necklace there and I knew it would be gone forever BUT the staff, Margot & Emeli in particular, were honest and found it!! I couldn't be happier.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We have come to enjoy spending our last night of visiting Long island at the Marriott Islandia. Not only is it close to the airport but also to the LIE for times when we are driving. What continues to make our stays so enjoyable is the incredible hospitality of the staff and the beautiful rooms in the hotel. This particular trip we traveled by plane and had some difficulty getting our boarding passes to print out in the Business Center. Jennifer at the front desk was quick to offer assistance and we had our boarding passes in hand within minutes. She is the prototype of staff members that we have come to enjoy with each of our stays at the Islandia and we thank her and the rest of the staff that made our most recent visit so enjoyable. We look forward to a return stay in the Fall.

Room Tip: We have been on three different floors and at different locations in the hallways and each room has...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Islip Terrace, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

What a great experience from beginning to end. Karyn Geoghan helped us with the reservation. She was courteous, helpful and full of information, it was a great beginning. Once we arrived each staff member greeted us warmly and asked if we needed anything. We were disappointed that there was no refrigerator in the room, but this was quickly fixed. The pool was fantastic! It was tucked away in the corner and was perfect. The pool was very clean and well maintained. The pool cleaning staff came to clean up every 30 minutes or less and made sure the floors and towels were all ok. The hotel was dated a bit, but this was quickly overlooked ( & forgotten) due to the brilliant hospitality we received everywhere we turned. The staff exceeded our expectations and we look forward to our next.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've been staying at this hotel routinely for the last four months. There are many choices on the island for a hotel, but the service by the staff here is exceptional and makes you want to come back. Between Jen in catering, jasmine and John at the bar, cassidy in food and beverage, and John in sales there is one thing that unifies all -- their passion for customer service. Spending way too my nights at the hotel it's nice to be greeted by a warm smile, friendly welcome, and your drink waiting when you walk in. A place where service remains in the business.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Jasmine Pack is an incredible person and provided outstanding service. She is funny and witty and an overall pleasure. I will make sure to book a room here again at the Marriott largely due to the fact Jasmine will be here.

Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed here 3 years ago and the air conditioning in the room above us failed, causing a flood in our room.
We were booked into this horrible hotel through a baseball booking last weekend, and arrived to a tired old hotel, certainly not your typical Marriott, water stains in the ceilings, filthy curtains, and an air conditioning unit that was full of dirt and mold.
Our room door didn't close, or lock it took three calls to the front desk to have the "engineer" come twice to fix it, final result was the desk chair propped under the door handle and deadbolt on door at night. Couldn't leave anything of value in room as I mentioned above door didn't close, and lock didn't latch, and the housekeeping staff did not slam door behind them to ensure door closed.
Only bonus was we never needed a key to enter our room, downside to that is no one else did either.
No one seemed concerned that my room door didn't automatically close behind us or that it was a fire code violation, but girls at front desk constantly assured me it was going to be fixed.
Asked for a manager 6 times, finally got one as we were checking out. Was told he was sorry, and someone would be in touch, to date have not received a call from the hotel.
Lots of other newer hotels in area, only stay here as a last resort!
Definitely would NOT recommend

Room Tip: Stay at the Hilton down the street
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Damien H, General Manager at Marriott Islandia Long Island, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hi Baseball Mum!

I just read your review and I will address a few of the issues you experienced but I will also contact you personally to get more information so I can really get to the bottom of your door issue. This was beyond upsetting to me...

As to the hotel appearance, we are well aware of the blemishes and have a multimillion dollar renovation scheduled to begin and finish by the end of the year. This will be an amazing transformation, I can guarantee you that. As to the HVAC unit being dirty, truly I am shocked as these are brand new units purchased and installed this year and we just went through each one (as we do every three months) to change the filters. When I contact you I will need the room number you stayed in so I can address this ASAP.

The worst part of this is the service provided (our specialty) by the Front Desk and Engineering. I am upset and ashamed that 1) your door was never fixed 2) you had to call multiple times and 3) our complete lack of follow through by the Hosts, Engineering team and Management. I can assure you this will be addressed.

I hope that after these past two stays, you will give us one more chance. I know that the service failures were a fluke and that you will be highly impressed with the "look" of the hotel by January 2015. Talk to you personally soon...

Damien
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice stay. Descent restaurants within driving distance. Insignia and H2O stand out. Special shout out to one of the food and beverage supervisors, Andrew, for all the great recommendations. If you are a runner, just across the highway (to the south) is a state forest with some nice trails.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Islandia Long Island? Share your experiences!