“Not your typical Chinese restaurant..... The smell as you walk in...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of New Grand Buffet

631-582-3888
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 13 Restaurants in Islandia
Pennsylvania
“Not your typical Chinese restaurant..... The smell as you walk in...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was the first time in this buffet restaurant. There were five in our party and three were Korean, so we chose their type of food. The food choices were good and the food itself wasn't bad. But the smell of the restaurant as you walked in was absolutely terrible. Until you got use to the smell, it wasn't pleasant to say the least. maybe they have to steam the floors or something. I didn't think it was the food, because I have been into other Asian buffets bin the past and none ever smelled this bad.
Would I go back? NO! Should you go there? Its a matter of opinion. Maybe my sense of smell is more sensitive then other people.
you be the judge. Good luck.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bayport, New York
“was just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

too much fish!! not enough meat & chicken choices. PRICE ADVERTIZED on web site was not the same. was there 6pm sat night. Busy but not crowded. food was warm not hot. Had to wait for Crab legs. Service was good and friendly.
Will try again soon hoping for better results.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boynton Beach, Florida
“FavotiteLong Island Chinese Buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I am a Chinese food addict. Whenever I travel to Long Island, I have dinner at this buffet, although I don't prefer buffets in general. The food is fresh and delicious with good choices. The servers are hard working and polite. The only downside is that they do not put out enough snow crab legs. They are scoffed up as soon as they are brought out and they are not replaced quickly enough. We will return. Hopefully, that will be corrected and we will not be disappointed again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hauppauge, New York
“terrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This place has the most horrible waiting/serving staff ever! I recently went there to enjoy dinner with my family, long story short I sat myself, did not have dirty dishes removed and had to get my own soda(While everyone else is being served theirs)....... Anyhow, it was time to pay my bill and I put the amount of the bill with my reciept and was rudely read back my price because I did not place tip along with reciept ( Although it was not deserved I was going to leave it on the table), And I was truley disrespected and appaled. Good thing is I work for a local hotel and I will make sure we will never send any business to this establishment again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Central Islip, New York
“Sad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This use to be the best buffet around but it has changed considerably. The food is always cold and lacks taste. The funishings have not changed in decades (do not believe the picture that accompanies this. This is not the place at all). It has gotten expensive and it is just not worth it.

• Visited September 2012