“The sushi was fresh and delicious” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Plainview, New York
“The sushi was fresh and delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stopped in for a quick bite at the sushi bar. I had a miso soup and two raw fish rolls. The restaurnt was quite empty, but it was only 5:30pm. I has a tuna roll with cucumber and an ultimate roll which has tuna, salmon, yellowtail and avacado. I enjoyed it all. Staff was quiet but curteous. I will have to go again when there are more people there. They have a Zagat rating of 28, which is exeptional.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

not La Romana
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Had the sushi sashimi lunch special, 10.95 for 7 pieces of sushi and a tuna roll, not to forget the delicious salad. WOW!! Yummy!! I love sushi, and this place is GREAT!

• Visited August 2012
Bohemia, New York
“Great place for sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I enjoy the sushi very much, it is always fresh and clean and the Hostess Dasiy is great? The sushi delux is a great value

Visited July 2012
Smithtown, New York
“Best sushi I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have been going to Takara since 2006. I no longer live in NY as I did when I discovered them, but I always make it a point to go back when I visit as does the rest of my family. Their sushi is the best I have ever had in the US. I really enjoyed the presentation - whether it be a heart or a dragon or whatever creative design the chef for that day came up with it is always enjoyable. I love the noodles that they give you before your food regardless of what you order. I never can find those anywhere else and it is quite frustrating. I enjoy the indoor dining at Takaras. There are small tables, large tables, and booths as well as the sushi bar of course. There is nothing there I would not eat. The hostess and waitresses are always eager to please. My family and I enjoyed that they always remembered us, and knew what was going in our lives. (We have missed you! How is Florida? How is your mother?") Fantastic place, fantastic people.

• Visited February 2012
Mastic, New York
“We've stopped traveling to Huntington for sushi.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

We gave Takara a try a few years ago when we found Huntington too far to travel to. We have not been disappointed. We went last night. I had a toro appetizer which was fantastically seared toro with spiicy mayo.

My wife got an order of shumai which is always a hit.

Both of us got 2 each of their specialty rolls. Each about $10.

Service is good. You have to remember everything is made to order.