“Friendly neighborhood restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
East Meadow
“Friendly neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went to a small birthday party here. The new owners were friendly and helpful. The portions here are very large. A friend and I shared a salad and pasta dish and there was still some left to take home! Everything we had was very good--I would definitely come back for dinner.
The ambiance is plain and simple, but the value is good. Great for families!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New York
“Much to my surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My wife and I decided to ho for dinner as friends who were there recently said their experience was great .

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Babylon, New York
“Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have eaten here and never had a problem and really wanted to comment on lbny..how much more free stuff do you want .. you like the food kids had fun and ate free and your still complaining really

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have gotten take out from the pizza side but last night my family went to try the restaurant side. My husband had seen an ad in Newsday that Sunday's were "Family Fun Nights" and as a part of the promotion there would be a clown for the kids entertainment and 20% of the check. He took a picture of the newspaper ad and we decided to give it a try. Upon arrival the place was packed. We sat in a booth and soon the clown "Crazy Dani" came over my kids were in heaven. She made them balloons and took them to have their faces painted. The food was decent and our children actually ate their meals for once under the promise that we would return each sunday to see Crazy Dani who they loved! When the check came I told the waitress about the ad we had seen and she asked me to show it to her. We showed her the ad on the phone and she said she would adjust the check and return. She came back and said "actually the kids ate free so you don't get 20% off" I told her that the 20% would be a better deal for our situation and she said no problem and walked away. The staff at that point began to obviously talk about our table and got into an in depth "meeting" over our check with the manager ( At least I presumed he was. He was the host who was extremely standoffish and rude from the moment we walked in the door) Hey maybe the guys doesn't like clowns....I don't know. Anyway the waitress returned about 10-15 mins later and informed us that they would not be able to honor the promotion since we did not cut the ad out of the actual paper and bring it in with us. REALLY?? I just laughed and paid the bill thinking how pathetic that was. You put ad in Newsday in the hopes people will take advantage of it and come to your event. When they show up you act like these people are trying to scam and take advantage of you?? I don't get it. When we left "the manager" was outside on his cell phone pacing in heated conversation. All in all the food was decent and chances are we would probably have returned quite often as we do love to eat out. However after being treated like con artists rather than customers I think we will stick to Gino's where the staff isn't bipolar. This morning when I was getting breakfast there was a stack of 20% off VIP coupons attached to Davinci's menus at the Bagel Cafe. I thought that was humorous...

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York
“Wow how things have changed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We initially went to this restaurant about 3 years ago and the food was great .We brought friends and the food was not good .The server was indifferent .

• Visited October 2013