“Another Great Holiday Inn Exprress” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Another Great Holiday Inn Exprress”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

This is the 9th Holiday Inn we have stayed at on this latest World Tour. We are impressed by most of them and this one is no exception. Friendly staff, clean and tidy rooms and bathrooms etc. We have no complaints which is good. Congratulations Holiday Inn Express, Irondequoit, Rochester. This hotel is sort of in a car park to a local mall - good one.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
IDQNYManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, October 11, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words. We strive to make every guest feel at home. We do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Irondequoit, NY area.

Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

This hotel and a nearby Hampton are the only lodging sites I was able to find in the north central part of Rochester. This hotel shares an access from the city street with the next door Target store.
The hotel has an efficient and friendly staff. It's clean and has a decent breakfact offered. The business center is a convenient place to print airline boarding passes from airline websites.
I departed early in the morning, I'm always appreciative when the checkout receipt is left under the door overnight and you can leave your key in the room.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Seabreeze Amusement Park is a wonderful place to visit. We do hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Irondequoit.

CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

basically good - but some real rif raff came in for breakfast - swearing and basically acting like idiots grabbing all the bacon.

Room was clean, quiet and comfy.

Internet connection was the fastest I have seen in ages in a hotel.

We visited the Seabreeze amusement park with my daughter - went after 5pm - got in for 12 bucks and it was well worth it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
IDQNYManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, September 12, 2010
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the rif raf who took all of the bacon. I do hope that you choose us the next time your family visits Rochester.
southern california
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

My son and I were visiting seabreeze amusement park and this was pretty close. Good hotel. No problems.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Corning, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I of 5 years decided we needed to go for a trip out of town from beautiful Corning, N.Y and picked this hotel in Rochester. We weren’t sure about it but saw all fair reviews, THANK GOD WE TRUSTED THE GOOD ONES! This was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in. I am a very clean person and a perfectionist and I could not have asked for more.

When we walked in we were greeted by a very nice woman who was very clear on directions and told us stuff that was fun to do in the local area. After we got settled in our room we headed towards the pool. There were a few kids in there but it wasn’t crowded and wasn’t loud at all. We enjoyed both the pool and the hot tub and loved the fact that the pool wasn’t cold! The bed was SO comfortable and we actually decided we were going to get that exact bed for our own home. Another great thing about this hotel is its right next to all the local eating places and shares the parking lot with an I Hop and just minutes away from DiBella's Old Fashioned Submarine shop (a Rochester Must!)

We totally recommend this hotel and are already planning our next weekend trip and defiantly plan on staying at a holiday inn express!!! Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review!!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much!! Our beds are very comfortable. The indoor heated pool is a favorite among our guests. Please do stay with us again when in the Irondequoit area.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for two nites. It was a family reunion on my wife's part. Thus being close to area attractions was not a major criteria for the hotel. In fact I went to niagara falls in the morning and went to the hotel late at noon. We chose rochester area because it was roughly halfway from the families in new york and those from canada.
We stayed in a suite room that had 2 queen beds and a pullout sofa for a total of 6 occupants. There was a fridge that was strangely much larger than the usual small cube ones you see in hotels. There was a microwave and hairdryer. I did not see an ironing boar and iron. The room size was quite large with a clean and large bathroom. The AC worked quite well. Beds were comfortable. From my previous post, I did mention that I can sleep almost anywhere on almost anything. I got the comfy description from my wife who is the exact opposite of me when it comes to sleeping!
The Ice machine is on the ground floor. There is a small indoor pool with a jacuzzi. The water was heated just fine. I saw a small fitness room but did not get to use it. The staff were excellent!
The continental breakfast (from 6-10 a.m.) was better than most. It had scrambled eggs, hardboiled eggs, and had bacon on one day and burger patties the next day. Coffee was available at the lobby. I got a cup at 8.pm How late this coffee is available I forgot to ask! Sorry!
Now to the outside. The main entrance of the hotel faces a side street. Directly across is an IHOP. If you face the main entrance of the hotel, to the left is TOPS- a supermarket and s shopping area. To the right of the hotel is a Target store that opens till 9 p.m. on sundays (with a starbucks inside the store).
Behind Target is a shopping mall with a Macy's and a Sears store. This mall is called the Medley Mall A lot of the stores there were closed. There is a Red Apple and a Mcdonalds also within 5-10 minutes walk.
Overall, if I have 8 people (including kids) with me, I would get the suite room as it turns out to be economical. I would definitely return However, if it was just for my family of 4 $150 seems rather stiff and the absence of any major unique points of interest (not just an amusement park of a small zoo) negates its location. For your information, Niagara falls is about 93 miles away. I would rather stay near Niagara falls unless my reason was to visit Rochester itself.

• Liked — clean comfortable, near places to buy essential stuff, great staff!
  • Disliked — just really not much to see or visit around the area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

A great place to stay again. The roomd were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast wsa well staffed and the food was fresh. The indoor pool was clean and well maintained. There is a Target store right next door.
The Medly Square Mall next to Target was deserted, empty, and a little wierd because there are no stores in this mall. Do not go there.
The traffic noise from 104 was a little annoying but the beds were so comfortable that more than made up for the noise.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. The mall next to the door is going through some changes by the new owners so hopefully they will reopen before your next visit. Currently, Sears and Macy's are open. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Irondequoit.

Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit

Been to Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit? Share your experiences!