“Excellent B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interlaken
A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast
You added A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3509 West Ave, Interlaken, NY 14847   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Interlaken B&B and Inns
“Excellent B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this beautiful B&B during our visit to Finger lakes for the labor day weekend. I have been planning to write this review the minute I entered this B&B. I was so much impressed. The first day we went there, I fell in love with the place and the rooms given to us. We were 5 adults with one kid. We rented two rooms. We were Welcomed and treated by Gina and Tony as their friends. They were so nice, once Gina drove with us all the way to a location about 5 miles to see the Sun set. Talking about the rooms, they all look very new with all new amenities. My wife being an architect, she was so impressed with the detail in which the room was decorated and maintained by the couple. The room also had TV with Roku, so you can watch netflix and other shows. Our daughter was occupied with DORA on the TV. They have a great garden and a Patio. We were lucky to have crisp mornings, with great breakfast. We are vegetarians and upon request, Tony made us special Vegetarian dishes, cooked with fresh vegetables and fruits from their own garden and the local farmers market. Can't expect more, in-fact exceeded the expectations. At first I was not sure about staying at a B&B, but now I am waiting for my next stay. Gina & Tony, thanks a lot for being such a wonderful host. We will definitely come back to stay at your place some time again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saugerties, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were referred to Gina and Tony's place via one of the local B&B's. We so appreciated the referral because our stay was extraordinary! We arrived late on Friday night and Gina was waiting with the porch light on. A hot cup of tea and home made biscotti were provided to us as we went off to our room. We stayed in La Buon' Amici room and it was perfect for the two of us. The room was comfortable, very well decorated and clean. The bed offered the perfect blend of comfort for a deep rest. Each morning an AMAZING breakfast was made...3 courses! We relished the gourmet dishes, baking and local food (even from their garden). Because I had to work one morning, Gina sent up a pot of freshly brewed decaf, freshly homemade scones and the most amazing poached pears in lemon yogurt. I could go on and on but think you should just book a room and experience it for yourself. We're already working on our plans for our next visit.

Room Tip: Book early because word of mouth alone is filling their calendar!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I agree with all the other reviewers. Everything about A Stone's Throw was wonderful. Gina and Tony are excellent hosts, and Tony's breakfasts are some of the best my husband and I have ever had. Our room was lovely and very comfortable. The porch and garden were lovely - I just wish it had been a bit warmer so we could have enjoyed them more. We will definitely visit them again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Commack, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have been meaning to write this review since July when my husband and I stayed at the lovely B&B, A Stone's Throw, in Interlaken. I am delighted to give it our whole-hearted recommendation. From the moment we ascended the steps onto the beautiful porch, we could feel the tranquility. Inside, the gorgeous rooms are chocked with interesting decor, and the "backyard" quietly whispers its welcome in the mornings and evenings. From the moment we entered, our hosts Tony & Gina made us feel comfortable and at home. We stayed in La Vita è Bella Room, which is the largest and has its own little porch (a nice, cozy place to read or enjoy the quiet), and its own outside entrance. Tony's breakfasts were delicious, and Gina's knowledge of things to do in the area were so helpful. These people are the quintessential hosts! Don't pass up an opportunity to unwind in a truly amazing B&B.

Room Tip: La Vita è Bella Room - Private entrance and porch; large room with lovely furnishings.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
pomona, new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

We recently stayed a few nights over Labor Day weekend on the advice from past guests from Trip Advisor and all the reviews were so right! This is a beautiful B & B renovated with much love and style and it really shows. You can really relax on this amazing porch every morning with breakfast; what a great way to start your day. Tony makes unbelievable gourmet breakfasts and Gina is a warm hostess. They are both friendly and staying with them was a great experience. The room we had was beautiful and comfortable and look forward to coming back and staying with them again!

Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This rather new B&B in a circa 1850s farmhouse turned out to be a delightful experience for our friends and us for a two night stay. Even though the owners are new to running a B&B, they have grasped the key concepts of doing the job with flare and professionalism. Gina and Tony are delightful hosts. Gina with her decorating and hospitality flare, and Tony with his culinary expertise make a perfect combination for inn keepers extraordinaire. The farmhouse has been meticulously renovated with comfortable common areas, well appointed sleeping rooms and plush bedding. Tony's breakfasts are well crafted and expertly presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will return upon our next trip to central New York.

Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We spent three nights at this charming B&B. The moment you walk through the doors, Gina welcomes you with a huge smile and the smell of home baked cookies. Our room was decorated beautifully with tasteful antiques. The vanity brought back memories of my grandmother. Gina & Tony served up scrumptious breakfasts every morning. It was so peaceful drinking multiple cups of coffee listening to the soft wind chimes blowing on the large veranda. They were also very helpful in suggesting restaurants and places to tour. The customer service we received was outstanding. I had left 2 tops behind. However, upon my return home, I had an e-mail advising that she had mailed them back to me. Tony & Gina are genuine people who obviously love what they do! I wish them continued success!

Nancy & Tim

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!