“Fun and good tasting wine” 5 of 5 stars

607-387-6801
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: A cozy Winery in the Finger Lakes region serving award winning wines in a beautiful 1820 swing beam barn since 1981. Stop by for nice people, tasty food, and great wines.
Trevose, PA
30 attraction reviews
“Fun and good tasting wine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great find. My husband and I were on our way from the Seneca Falls wineries and got a little lost. We came upon the Americana and were so happy. We did the wine tasting and enjoyed a great selection. The staff were exceptionally friendly. They had a band playing outside for free. We enjoyed our stay very much and bought some of their sweet wine. They also make great fudge there.

Visited September 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
“Winery with a great little cafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Most of the vineyards we visited offered tastings of 4 or 5 wines, but Americana offered 8 wines for $3. And they were all excellent wines - hard to choose a favorite. We visited on a Saturday at dinner time, so the winery was really crowded. I'd recommend making reservations at the cafe if you'd like to eat dinner there as it was also crowded. Hubby had mussels - said they were good. I had macaroni & cheese with butternut squash that was out of this world!

Visited September 2012
Elmira, New York
58 attraction reviews
“Great cafe, okay wine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Wonderful cafe with a local focus. I always get the lamb burger with goat cheese. No reservations except large parties, expect a small wait at busy times. Wine is okay - nothing wrong, but not too inspiring. And lots and lots of wines (20 to 30 if I remember correctly) - maybe a bit more focus would help? The best thing about the wine is you can have it at retail (rather than restaurant) prices in the cafe. nb-they usually allow you to bring in other Finger Lakes wine at the Cafe if you pay a corkage fee

Visited August 2012
kimberton, PA
“supper”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Very good food and selection for a lunch menu that extended to supper on the night we were there. Well prepared, delicious, and a down home friendly and relaxed atmosphere-- just next to the winery's offerings. There was a lovely outside area that we skipped, but that would be great for a more picnic feel...

Visited July 2012
Charleston, South Carolina
37 attraction reviews
“Fun fun fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Wine tasting. 8 wines for $3! You get a list of wines, read through them, circle the 8 you want, then start tasting. The setting in the old swing barn was great and I really enjoyed it. The two labs wandering around added to the quaintness as well. The young lady who chatted with me while serving the various wines was a delight and the young man who carried my case of wine to my car was polite and helpful as well.

Visited July 2012