“Steak Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 16 Restaurants in Inlet
Auburn, New York, United States
“Steak Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I was the only patron there for dinner and was given special attention. The steak was done to perfection and so much food. My favorite was that they served squash with their dinner. I haven't been to a restaurant that had squash on the menu. Bravo!

Visited November 2011

Rochester, NY
“went in, sat down, 20 min. later still no menu- left”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

after waiting at least 20 minutes, no menu, no greeting. Noticed no one in restaurant seemed to have any food. ended up leaving

• Visited October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kingston, Canada
“A first - burnt-black french fries!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

My husband and I have been to this place for breakfast on early morning outings to bird watch or kayak. Breakfast was okay food, nothin' special, but welcome after a couple hours out of doors.

On the way through town on the Labor Day weekend, we stopped in for lunch. What a mistake... I ordered a taco salad with dressing on the side. It was edible, but of poor quality and composition. My husband ordered the fried haddock sandwich expecting a large Upstate NY piece of fish in an okay bun (he usually ditches the bun) and some fries.

The flabby fish was the most meager portion of food we have ever experienced in NY state where usually portions are huge and alas also usually of medium to poor quality. However the fries were worse - nearly totally black, the color of blackened fish in Louisiana! He nibbled on one to see if a spice coating was the root of the colour. Nope, they were merely fried to blackened cinders. I can't imagine how these came to be served.

Watching other plates go by, I realized that my husband's fries were the norm! Keep going past this place for sure. Next time we will try the 5-corners Cafe or Sister's Bistro in Old Forge even if it is slightly before meal time!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
East Greenbush, New York
“Don't expect anything special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stopped in to the Hard Times Cafe for breakfast before heading home from vaction. We went in because it seemed like a place the locals went to. It was ok but nothing special and fairly cheap. There was only one waitress for the entire place. I'm sure there must be better places in the area and we will look for them next trip.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere