“Loved this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nelson's Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inlet
Nelson's Cottages
You added Nelson's Cottages to your Saves list
128 Route 28, PO Box 357, Inlet, NY 13360   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Inlet
West Haven, Connecticut
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

Forth Lake is beautiful and this is the place to stay. Our room was very clean and Ken and Linda are really nice people. They have kayaks at no charge. My husband and I took our first kayak trip, it was great. Walking distance to Inlet center, and close to other fun things to do. The sunsets are incredible, and they have a fire on the beach at night. We will definitly go back again. The McEligot's.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Williamsville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Nelson's Cottages have been our second home every summer for over 20 years! My parents brought our family here when I was little and now my wife and I get to share this wonderful experience with our own children. Our six children talk about going to Nelsons for 51 straight weeks! The cottages are cozy, clean, and well maintained. Ken and Linda are two of the nicest hosts we have ever met.

A short walk to Inlet and a short drive to a multitude of Adirondack destinations including the Museum of the Adirondacks and Old Forge, Nelson’s is the ideal Adirondack vacation spot. Enjoy a beautiful sunset while relaxing on the dock or take a refreshing dip in the mountain lake. Nelson’s Cottages have kayaks that visitors can borrow at no additional cost and dock space if you have your own boat.

A stones throw away from some of the best mountain hiking spots in the Adirondacks including Bald Mountain, Blue Mountain, Bear Mountain and our personal favorite – Rocky Mountain. We treasure the view from Rocky Mountain so much that my wife and I chose the top to exchange our wedding vows!

The only problem with Nelson’s Cottages is that fact that eventually we have to leave…

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed 3 nights midweek and couldn't have asked for more: the cottage was sparkling clean and actually much bigger than similar ones I've stayed in at other locales, the mattress even better than mine back home, easy internet access right inside cottage, and the Nelson's are the nicest people you will ever rent from. Very warm, friendly, and accommodating, but completely respect space and privacy, too. Gorgeous spot on 4th Lake w/ very pleasant beach front. Kayaks available -- had a leisurely evening ride that capped a perfect visit! Spend 3 days hiking and birding in such a beautiful area. Great new art center in Old Forge, too. Can't wait to go back, and would definitely stay at Nelson's!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family has been going up to Inlet for many generations & staying at the Nelsons. I get such a great feeling come "camp time" every year, not only because they are like family but because each and every year I am guarenteed a clean, comfy cabin with breath taking sunsets, clean beach and some relaxation. Even though I have moved around, I know I will always have Nelsons to go to each & every year, my home away from home :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

I have been staying at Nelson's for over 35 years and each time I return it is like I am home again. Ken and Linda Nelson are like family. The cabins are simple, clean and comfortable. If you are looking to get away from it all and soak up the best sunset in the adirondaks then Nelson's is your place.

• Stayed August 2010
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Nelson's is a home away from home for my family and I. Our family has been staying there for generations literally and the Nelsons are like family. There is no place that I'd rather stay. It's a slow paced restful vacation spot if you want it to be OR it can serve as your home base for all the activities that the Fulton chain area offers. If you are looking to stay at a fancy resort, stay home! But if you want a safe, clean and welcoming place to say, then this is it! PS- NOTHING beats the sunsets! Tell Ken and Linda the Colomb Family sent you!!

• Stayed August 2010
Laramie, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

My family has been coming to Nelson's for many years now, and this year was as lovely as them all. Trails for ambitious climbing and a dappled woods walk both within easy distance--Rocky Mountain a particular favorite and accessible for small children. Bald Mtn and the fire lookout tower give a lovely view of the Fulton chain of lakes. Ferd's Bog, bike trail, groceries at Eagle Bay, canoe rental all close by. The Nelsons' cottages are sweet and tidy, a joy to move into whether the weather is sultry (clotheslines for drying bathingsuits and towels after days on the bright beach) or chilly and rainy--I make pies and warm the cottage up with the gas heater. We enjoy every minute, and Ken and Linda are wonderful hosts. What a great place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Nelson's Cottages? Share your experiences!