“Disgusting!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn

You added Rodeway Inn to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   270 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington Station, NY 11746 (Formerly Huntington Country Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Waterbury, Connecticut
“Disgusting!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stay far away from this place!!! The tub, sink and toilet were disgusting. The room had definitely not been cleaned at all prior to our check-in! There were no towels.....NOT ONE.....and I had to wait almost a half and hour for them to bring me some towels so that I could take a shower.
There was no iron and also no blow dryer (the website claimed to have both) this was a big problem for me. Again I had to wait another half hour or so for them to bring these things to me!! I was in a hurry, because of all these hold-ups I was late for my event!
The air conditioner did not work at all!!!! I could not sleep a wink that night because it was soooo hot in my room! When I spoke to them about the air conditioner and the extreme temperature in my room, they literally said NOTHING!!! They couldn't care less!
Additionally, I afraid to even walk barefoot on the smelly, moldy, carpet!
Pay the extra few dollars and stay elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were horrified at the written reviews, but our budget won out so we booked 3 days at the Huntington Inn. I would like to agree with a previous reviewer who stated if you're used to the Marriott and Sheraton, this is NOT the place for you! We rented Rm 224, which must be the same room on the photos, because it was NICE (see pics) and had a working jacuzzi, which the kids used and loved. I never saw the pool. I never saw Section 8 loiterers or children running around. The hotel was quiet and the room was clean. I do agree that you should walk with your own towels as we could never get more than a single washcloth and two bath towels that have seen better days, but the bed was comfortable, the flat screen was nice, the a/c worked properly, even though we had our window open because we like the sound of rain, and it did rain a couple of the days we were there. For the price, you can't beat it. We didn't eat there, but we were able to connect to the Wi-Fi no problem, and the Direct TV was working. Now the front door was very heavy and my husband had to really work to get it opened, but that also meant no one was coming in unannounced. There was a chain on the door as well. The hallways were clean and quiet, and the staff was cordial. We prefer the Marriott, but in a financial pinch, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Everything worked properly and was nice and clean in Rm 224
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
497nencya, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Reading positive comments from our valued guests, like you, makes us feel we are doing our job right and motivates us to continue on to our successful path.

We give our 100% everyday to provide the best service to all our guests and hope for an ever-growing positive reputation in the future for our hotel.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon at the Rodeway Inn,Huntington Station, NY.
Buffalo, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The two stars are for room size and hotel location, after that, not one good thing to say about this hotel/rooms. Dirty, bugs, broken room phones, unlit/poorly lit outside areas to and from your room. Outlets that did not work, bad lighting, carpets dirty and stained, blankets torn, burn holes. Pieces of the ornamentation on the bed had fallen off and never replaced, holes in the wall where things must have once hung. Constantly calling the front office to replace broken things (iron, coffee maker)The so called breakfast was a few frozen waffles, 2-3 plain bagles and white bread for toasting. The pictures posted on line are NOT representative of the reality.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Huntington Station hotels

Pasadena
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stay away! Bed bugs all over the mattress!!!! Mold smell, mold in bathtub!! I'm still having nightmares!! Looked like the door had been kicked in. Sliding glass door was open. Shady place. STAY AWAY it needs to be shut down!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Forked River
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We had stayed at this establishment 2 times and found that it was convinent for our activities in the area. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were clean, One time we had the jacuzzi room and that was very nice, that was before I knew of jacuzzi buiild up, etc.... The place is just a charming change from other cold hotels. I would stay here again, but their prices have raised so that I could stay closer to my family. Continental Breakfast has cereals, coffee, tea, and prefrozen danishes, as well as fresh fruit and donuts. I would stay there again, just for the change from the usual.

Room Tip: Go for the rooms with the jacuzzi and have alittle time with the aroma therapy to relax after travel...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Trumbull, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

The dirtiest hotel room ever. Hair in sink toilet and tub. Toe nail clippings in tub. Black scum ring around tub. All drawers in furniture broken. Door molding broken. Let the hotel and wouldn't stay there. Manager lied about us staying there. Don't ever go there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

First room we were given was a smoking room -- ash tray and smelled. Second room the key did not work. This is clearly a welfare motel -- people are living here full time on the weekly rate. We are only here one night so I'm going tolerate it but I would avoid it if you want clean rooms, or floors without weird sticky stuff in the carpets.

• Stayed May 2012

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!