“Rip off Gyro” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Mediterranean
Melville, New York
“Rip off Gyro”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I ordered 2 Gros for take out and bad news. One of them had maybe 4 pieces of meat on it and the other was OK. What was even worst they now use a hard brown pita which is terrible as greasy and not edible. I called on the phone to speak to owner/mgr. and told the meat is measured by "eye" not weight and if they are busy only one "chef" to make them and that is the way it is. There was no apology or come back as they just pooed it and tough luck.
If you go there make sure there is a scale for the weight as they will rip you off. Better yet if you want quality and no games go to Greek Village in Commack on Jericho Tpke.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
“Best gyro in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Best takeout Greek in the area. Chicken gyros and all Greek apps are awesome. Could use a little more dressing for Greek salas, but overall yummy. Had people from out of town over for take out and all agree the gyros are the best.

Visited April 2013
Mastic, New York
“Freshly made goodness.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

Went with my wife and mother in law when we were near Huntington today. Hummus was really good. My wife and mother in law had a thinly pressed chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta over rice. It had a very tasty mushroom sauce on it. There was enough for leftovers the next day as it all came with a small salad before.

I had a dish called shrimp Corfu. Which was fantastic. Shrimp with feta over linguini in red sauce. Pasta was very well done.

The desserts we had were made by the waitresse's 78 year old mother. We has a baklava with pistachios. And a home made custard in philo. Definitely go if you like fresh food. We need to go back for the Italian food.

Btw. We came here based on the trip advisor reviews. It was worth it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011 via mobile

Came here based on other TripAdvisor reviews and Zaro's did not disappoint! Husband had the vegetarian gyro. Delicious! So fresh and flavorful! I had the spinach pie very good! Definitely recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza in Huntington Station!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

My favorite pizza in Huntington since I was a little kid. The service is friendly and everything I've had there (even other than the pizza!) has been absolutely delicious. Small dining area, but take-out is key here and totally worth it for pizza night. I know everyone so far has only mentioned the Greek food (which my mother will tell you is excellent, since I am not so into Greek I have nothing to add), so I figured it'd be worth throwing in the Italian side of things :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere