“Freshly made goodness.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Mastic, New York
“Freshly made goodness.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Went with my wife and mother in law when we were near Huntington today. Hummus was really good. My wife and mother in law had a thinly pressed chicken breast stuffed with spinach and feta over rice. It had a very tasty mushroom sauce on it. There was enough for leftovers the next day as it all came with a small salad before.

I had a dish called shrimp Corfu. Which was fantastic. Shrimp with feta over linguini in red sauce. Pasta was very well done.

The desserts we had were made by the waitresse's 78 year old mother. We has a baklava with pistachios. And a home made custard in philo. Definitely go if you like fresh food. We need to go back for the Italian food.

Btw. We came here based on the trip advisor reviews. It was worth it.

“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Came here based on other TripAdvisor reviews and Zaro's did not disappoint! Husband had the vegetarian gyro. Delicious! So fresh and flavorful! I had the spinach pie very good! Definitely recommend!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best pizza in Huntington Station!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

My favorite pizza in Huntington since I was a little kid. The service is friendly and everything I've had there (even other than the pizza!) has been absolutely delicious. Small dining area, but take-out is key here and totally worth it for pizza night. I know everyone so far has only mentioned the Greek food (which my mother will tell you is excellent, since I am not so into Greek I have nothing to add), so I figured it'd be worth throwing in the Italian side of things :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hidden Greek gem on the Huntington station restaurant desert.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

Make sure to visit this hidden gem. Excellent dining option for Greek food for extremely reasonable price. Dine well, chat and reminiss with Charlie or Scotty who will make your visit a memorable one. Could use a bit better wine selection but it is worth the stop after work or on a relaxing weekend. You will not be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Melville, NY
“Happy find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

After my "local" spot for Greek food, The Mixed Grill, slowly turned into garbage over the passed two years, last night we found and tried Zaro's Cafe....and I'm pretty damned happy. No, I dont work, own, or invest there. M'lady and I really like Greek, and this place is close enough take-out from twice a week. Zaro's Cafe has a split menu; half greek, half italian. I am not sure how the italian half is but the greek half is pretty solid. The gyro meat, lamb souvlaki, and greek sausage were better than expected and both their baklava (walnut, pistachio) were noticibly above-average (somewhere between "this is good" and "this is AWESOME"). I would almost go so far as to say this place beats out a lot of the Greek places in Astoria-Queens. In the coming weeks, I'll be testing Zaro's consistency.

PS - Been here over 10 times...no reason NOT to keep going, plus they have a real cutie at the register!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere