“Ok experience” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Sea Foods - Huntington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Chowder
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Long Islanders know oysters and they eat them at Legal Sea Foods. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. We are conveniently located in the Walt Whitman Shops. Eat fish, live longer. Eat oysters, love longer. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Ok experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Nice atmosphere. The food was pretty good. I got the stuffed shrimp, which I personally felt had way too many crushed crackers in it. My boyfriends lobster ravioli was delicious though. I was not that thrilled with the service. It took a while for anyone to greet our table and my first impression of the waitress once she arrived was not the best. The food was pretty good but overall I felt I could have had a better use of my money elsewhere. Not eager to return.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ireland
“Salty prawns & salty rice.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Starving after all day in Macy's, was told there's a seafood restaurant outside. Lovely I said.

Went in, looks busy, good sign I thought or else no competition.
Menu looks limited in selections for a seafood restaurant. Ok, I'll try to find something I like.

Got a Kentucky maple manhattan cocktail and then another one, quite nice. Ordered mussels, lobster bisque got a coffee cup size with out asking if I want a cup or a bowl. Got replaced. Fair enough. Both were tasty with a ball of lobster meat ?? Or crab in the bisque not sure. Anyway was nice. A bit too creamy over powering the lobster taste, but tasty enough.

Now the mains !!!
Got Mahi, catch of the day. Thanks to the waiter (one of the twins) just going by, who knew more than our server about Mahi and how the fish was cooked, pan fried not baked. It was ok, tasted like sea bream, nothing special. The othe half ordered grilled shrimps with steamed rice. Oh my, what a disaster, well, we think any way. Except for the lovely spinach, The shrimps was very salty to the core, and steamed rice didn't help either, it was salty as well. We have traveled the globe and this is the first for salty shrimps and salty rice here in the NY of USA. Well may be I was a bit OTT. The wife wanted to sit quietly and say nothing about her meal half eaten. I wasn't having any of that.
I was half way thru my Mahi and still no sign of the server, so I caught her attention and called her over and told her about the salty grilled shrimps & salty rice. Then she asked if everything was good??? I said no, fish is good, shrimp was salty, rice was salty. Then she disappeared, I thought some action is going to happen, but none, no offer of replacement or anything. If she had came over to check at the start it would have been a different story.

Anyway there was a kinda happy ending to the experience after I thought I'd better ask another waiter for the manager.

The manageress was polite and understanding, stressing that their QC normally makes sure that food is fresh good quality. She offered a new dish which was unfortunately too late, I've finished the Mahi, and my wife's had enough. I asked if she'd take the prawn off the bill and she agreed and that saved the day in the end.

Finished off with fruit and sorbet which was too sour for me. Ordered a hot buttered rum which was nice to warm us up before we leave into the cold evening.

Pity, one mistake that messed it all up.
Tumbs up for the manageress who saved the day.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Berlin, Connecticut
“Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My fiance introduced me to this place when visiting her family. The food was just amazing, and the service is top-notch. Very nice and friendly people, and an excellent value for the quality of the food.
I will be going back again.

Visited September 2013
Oneonta, New York
“If you like seafood a good place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

The food was very good, but the price was high. The location (Walt Whitman Mall) was just minutes from the Motel we were staying.

Visited September 2013
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“FreshSeafood at Competitive Prices on Long Island!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

When you visit a decent Seafood Restaurant in Long Island, you should expect an Entrée to cost you in excess of $30.00. That is not the pricing of most Entrees here--with the exception of their version of Steak. Ask them to prepare your food with Sea Salt--instead of regular salt. It makes all the difference in the world here--as over-salting can be an issue. The Clam Chowder is quite good--very hot. The crab cakes are also very good. The bass and the flounder are two favorites of our Group. The Service here is excellent. This location is at an upscale Mall--but the quality of the food and the service is striking. VERY FRESH SEAFOOD.

• Visited July 2013