“Fresh seafood” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Sea Foods - Huntington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Chowder
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Long Islanders know oysters and they eat them at Legal Sea Foods. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. We are conveniently located in the Walt Whitman Shops. Eat fish, live longer. Eat oysters, love longer. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Manalapan, NJ
“Fresh seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our second visit to this location, and the food was fresh. Service was good, and the Haddock was delicious, but our other dinner was served just above room temperature and had to go back. The replacement was piping hot, but came when I was nearly finished.

The manager was apologetic and promised a coupon in the mail. It didn't arrive, and we're not sure we'd return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious fresh seafood. Service at this location is excellent as well.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

From the front door to the table we were wowed. Great tasting food and the freshest seafood. Everything was delicious and this is now my new favorite place. Make a reservation before you go and save room for dessert.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I felt like I was eating on the shore, so fresh!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stumbled across this when I was shopping and decide to drop in. I had been to their Boston locations but didn't realize this was right here. Had oyster and clams in the half shell-so fresh and must try the jalapeño mignonette!! Had to choose between Cioppino and the Special of Soft Shell Crabs, and then on to dessert with a key lime pie. Didn't realize the fish is flown in fresh daily and it shows. Surprised and impressed with the quality.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with good seafood. Everything was fresh but the menu is limited. Service was very good. The prices were on the high side.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milano, Italia
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went there with my sister, her husband and two small children for Mother's Day. First off, the waitress didn't even acknowledge that it was Mother's Day - If you see a woman with two small children wouldn't you think to wish her a Happy Mother's day? Not important. The food is the main issue here. We ordered fried calamari. It came in huge lumps all stuck together as if they dumped the batch of calamari into the batter at once and threw it in the fryer. They should have been served as individual rings. I am attaching a picture. The calamari was greasy and seemed to be freezer burned. What about their slogan - if it's not fresh, it's not Legal? The clam chowder was good and so was the rainbow trout. Then the kids ordered kids meals and had two pieces of fish left over each so we asked them to bag it up - we took notice that one plate had a rounder piece of fish than the other and when they brought back the separate bags with the food inside the waitress indicated whose was whose - well it turns out that they had mixed them up. Service was mediocre. She served my clam chowder with a tea spoon and when I asked for a clean one she gave me a "look" and brought me back a soup spoon. The atmosphere could use some work - like get rid of the carpeting - not very sanitary for a seafood restaurant in my opinion. Won't be going back there anytime soon.

• Visited May 2013