“Restaurant was empty!!” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Legal Sea Foods - Huntington is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Chowder
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Long Islanders know oysters and they eat them at Legal Sea Foods. Come for the seafood and stay to shop. We are conveniently located in the Walt Whitman Shops. Eat fish, live longer. Eat oysters, love longer. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. We’ve received a boatload of accolades including the honor of serving our legendary New England Clam Chowder at every presidential inauguration since 1981.
Granger, Indiana
“Restaurant was empty!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been a return customer to Legal Sea Foods across the northeast for many years. This time I was disappointed. The restaurant was empty!! It was a Monday night and the weather was not great and there is a Cheesecake Factory next door.......and the prices are now quite high. My husband and I had 2 soups and 2 dinners, one water and one iced tea and our bill was $90.00!! Our food was good...but it wasn't 90 dollars good. (my shrimp were dry and overcooked)
I was disappointed and I will probably think twice about another trip to Legal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Miller Place, NY
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have only eaten here once. The food was good and the service was very accommodating. I am not sure I would go back. I like to eat food that is different and better than I can make at home.

East Northport, New York
“Fancy Red Lobster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Food quality average, service poor. Not a place I would visit for seafood if given the choice. Far better options for fresh seafood.

New York
“Throw this one back”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Over the past two years this restaurant has gone from reliable to awful. On our most recent (and final) visit the waiter managed to get every part of every order wrong. Wrong drinks, wrong soup size, wrong side dish, notwithstanding being told of a related food allergy. Then there was the food we did receive.......poorly prepared and poorly presented. Even the signature chowder has gone from rich and creamy to watery and dull. Don't waste tour time or money.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
queens,ny
“Thanksgiving dinner at Legal Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

So hurricane Sandy washed away our kitchen, the alternative was dinner out. Many choices on Long Island,but turkey dinner was about $25 at any diner,more at nicer restaurants. LSF was advertising a turkey dinner for $21.95, and serving their regular menu. Sounding good-besides the pilgrims really ate seafood and probably not turkey(it was likely quail). Our first visit to LSF and it is good! Long Island seafood restaurants are notorious for serving frozen & mediocre food. Clam chowder was rich and full of clams,fishermans combo lightly breaded and huge,everything we found good.They are on par with Bonefish Grill,relaxing and a nice atmosphere, and all entrees (except lobster and steak) were under $30. Dry turkey and soupy greenbean casserole are WAY overrated,-as is Thanksgiving at home.

• Visited November 2012