“Tiny gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Huntington Station, New York
“Tiny gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Food was great, but the parking was problem. This Restaurant has no curb appeal. I parked in the tiny lot in back and almost didn't go in because the outside looked so shabby. Beyond that the service and food are top notch.

Visited August 2013

Melville, New York
“Delicious, enough said”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This restaurant is exactly what you want a restaurant to be....DELICIOUS. I always recommend to order the specials! This is a restaurant if you want an intimate dining experience. The fish is caught daily so you know it is fresh!

Visited October 2013
New York
“Not bad during the week, but I will never go back on a weekend”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times - my over all impression was pretty good, not great.
We were going out with friends this past Saturday night, and we suggested this restaurant. The food was fine but the over all experience was not. It is a small, restaurant and the tables are close together (no big deal). There were two parties where the people were so loud, I couldn't finish a sentence. At one point, the people behind us were carrying on so loudly, that I noticed that everyone else stopped to look at them. Now, I am all for people having a good time, but this was ridiculous. For a dinner that cost $200 per couple (very expensive), we could barely speak to each other. Why the manager didn't politely ask them to keep it down, I don't know. Somebody from a nearby table commented as well. In addition, because they set up the tables to get the most number of people in, I was constantly bumped into by waiters and patrons. Again, this is an expensive restaurant, not McDonalds.
Mostly, I felt terrible for having suggested this to friends. I shouldn't have been put in a situation where I felt the need to apologize for the choice.

As for the food, it was fine (crab cake, stuffed pork chop, caesar salad). The appetiizers were a complete waste. We ordered "the tower" - which turned out to be one slice of mozzarella and one slice of tomato. The deserts were good.

At the end, the food was fine, but certainly the experience was not worth it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Huntington, New York
“very overated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I went because the reviews were great. I was disappointed. The food was average, the price expensive, the wait was long. I went 2x, just to give it a chance Not going back. Sorry

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Huntington Station, New York
“Interesting!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

When we arrived we weren't to sure about this place. From the outside it looks shabby, and there is little parking. No curb appeal. Entering this establishment quickly changed our minds. This tiny restaurant had excellent service. The food was very good but the prices were very high. For these prices I would expect a valet outside. Our waitress was a seasoned professional. the foods presentation was nice.The calamari wasn't that good unless you like thick rings that tend to be chewy. I enjoyed a pasta special with meatballs, sausage, and veal in a marinara sauce. My husband had stuffed flounder (stuffing was lobster,crab and scallops with tomatoes). Fabulous breadbasket. The portions are large and filling. A nice place to try and the food is excellent.

• Visited August 2013