“Great place for groups” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kaatskill Mountain Club

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hunter
Kaatskill Mountain Club
You added Kaatskill Mountain Club to your Saves list
62 Klein Avenue, Hunter, NY 12442   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hunter B&B and Inns
NYC
“Great place for groups”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

This year marked the fourth straight year I've been coming to Kaatskill Mountain Club with some friends/co workers on our annual ski trip. We always have a great time. The resort has great amenitites - heated pool/hot tub/ gym/sauna/ steam room as well as the ability to ski in/out right onto the mountain and buy your lift ticket at the front desk - a huge time saver. If renting, there's a free shuttle that takes you to the base of the mountain in under five minutes. The staff has always been helpful and friendly and I look forward to going back next year as well.
The only downside is that it is very expensive - which is why we always go as a group to bring the cost down as much as we can. Other than that, KMC is a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

All I can say, is DO NOT book anything with the spa. They blatantly lied about their cancellation policy, and took that opportunity to charge me in full for an appointment I wasn't able to make. HORRENDOUS customer service, and 35 minutes of aggravated discussions with their highest manager later, I can adamantly say that I will NEVER step foot in this establishment ever again, and highly encourage you to save yourself the time & aggravation....NOT WORTH IT!!

Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

Stayed here two nights. Thursday night was quiet but Friday night was pretty loud next door. Sat morning woke up to music playing outside. The location is good, can be on the slopes in less than 5 minutes after leaving room. Room was big but expected for the price. TVs were really dated. Hot tub was not what I was expecting in size. Expected a larger bed as well. The pool and jacuzzis were closed. Supposedly the pool tarp froze shut. (pool is 4ft btw) The website states open year round, they are a winter resort so I think should be expected to deal with cold weather. After attempting several times, I managed to get one jacuzzi open. Eventually I opened the second one myself. Got attitude from one of the staff for bringing a snowboard in my room. Maybe I just had a bad experience, but for 300 a night I think there is better out there.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Scranton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Everything was great. However, the reservations staff miscommunicated three out of three very important issues. in fact it was completely opposite of what I was told, however the front desk staff handled the issues with flying colors and saved my stay. it turned out to be a great stay due to recovery of the staff. Kudos for that and them... it was worth every penny.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
new yourk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2010

People, this was the worst resort I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at many resorts in the world and have always had exemplary service. I will never be guilty of spending money Kaatskill Mountain Resort and Spa again.

I realize there will be a lot of people read this and say that I am just vindictive and it was not nearly as bad as I am posting. Everyone has a right to believe that I am exaggerating and for them, I wish you would spend the money to find out the hard way.

The service I received was so ridiculous! I also know that this posting will do no good in changing their service but it may keep one traveler from loosing their money as I did.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We came to celebrate New Years and to give our kids their first skiing experience. No one was disappointed! Definately purchase lift tickets and rentals in advance to expedite the process of getting out on the slopes. All the lessons and ski conditions were ideal. The Kaatskill Mountain club was awesome, we had a 3BR suite which was perfect for us (two families, = 4 adults, 4 kids (5-9) and one infant), we were able to bring in food and cook all our meals which was so convenient. It was very cozy with the Fireplace, and spacious enough that we did not feel like we were on top of each other at all. Our LR window overlooked the amazing fireworks, like our own private show. The kids loved the pool and jacuzzis. The spa was also a great treat.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Albany NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

The staff was very pleasant upon arrival and the room was just incredible with an amazing view, a fireplace and just very homely. For the few hours I stayed in the room, it was very relaxing.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Been to Kaatskill Mountain Club? Share your experiences!