“Good but crowded!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Popular ski resort providing excellent runs and trails for downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing and snowshoeing.
Marblehead, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Good but crowded!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We skied Hunter Mt. just after a snowstorm during the Christmas break. We arrived at the mountain around 9:30 am. I have never seen such a line for lift tickets! It was out the door and down the stairs and we still had to get our rentals! The snow was good and we had a great day once we got to the lift. The lift lines were definitely not as bad as other mountains I've been too (e.g. Killington over Presidents' Day weekend).

Overall, we were pleasantly surprised by Hunter and would definitely go back.

Advice: If you are renting, you can also buy you tickets where you purchase your rentals.

Visited December 2012

Brewster, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Pleasantly surpised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

After moving to the East Coast I did not ski enough to keep my skills honed. I went to Hunter Mountain to ski yesterday and was pleasantly surprised with the facility. It's not Utah, but for the east coast nice to find more challenging hills. The ski lessons were affordable & very helpful to tune up my skills. I could not have been more impressed with my instructor, Carlos. He was knowledgable, helpful & encouraging. I really appreciated it!!!!

New York City, New York
10 attraction reviews
“Great day trip from NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you like to ski, this is a great day trip option from NYC. You can buy your lift ticket and rentals online in advance and get a percentage off (love that). The mountain is a good size, with a decent variety of trails. The staff was helpful and the snow was good. I'll be going back soon.

New York City, New York
“Vermont Skiing in Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hunter is the only place you can have Vermont type challenging skiing on a day trip. Weekends are crowded, however the Vermont resorts are also crowded on the weekend.They also provide promotions to skiers. I have skied Hunter for over 30 years.

Bronx, New York, United States
“Great Mountain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

first time skiing and even saw experts. Everything you need you can get at the mountain shops. The trainers are great and the experience was amazing!

Visited December 2012