“Great Mountain” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Popular ski resort providing excellent runs and trails for downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing and snowshoeing.
Bronx, New York, United States
“Great Mountain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

first time skiing and even saw experts. Everything you need you can get at the mountain shops. The trainers are great and the experience was amazing!

Visited December 2012

Houston, Texas
11 attraction reviews
“Something for everyone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My 10 year old took a snowboarding lesson, while my 5 year old and I went snow tubing. It was a lot of fun and there was something for each of them to do.

St. James, NY
14 attraction reviews
“Crowded the weekend before New Years but we expected it, good conditions, and the First Aide was top notch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

OK, so there were lift lines but compared to years ago they moved quickly and we never waited more than 10 or 15 minutes. The conditions were really good to great in the morning and got skiied off in the pm but there no bare spots or rocks to avoid. The cafeteria had a wide variety of food but was a bit disorganized. Tables were hard to come by on one of our three days but people were pleasant. It would have been a fun but not especially memorable ski weekend except that my son broke his wrist in the terrain park on the 31st (my husbands birthday) and we negotiated our first true ski injury (snowboard in his case) in over 30 years on the slopes. I have to say the most impressive part of Hunter was the First Aide--a full walk in clinic with a doc that x-rayed and casted my son's wrist in about an hour. He was knowledgeable and caring as was the rest of the staff. Yes, they took Visa and I'll probably not get reimbursed from insurance but when your kid is in pain you can't think of your wallet. The orthopedist at home verified that the diagnosis and treatment were correct.

Visited December 2012
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Nice 3 Day Get-away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We were 3 dads, with 3 daughters who got away on a snowboarding/skiing trip. Booked a 3 bedroom condo in the Pinnacle condominiums. Overall, I would say we had a great experience and great time! Booking the lodging was relatively easy and the telephone agents were friendly and helpful. I would suggest that Hunter might "detail" the accomodations a bit more on their website. Check in was a breeze. The condo was spacious, clean and very inviting. Note that the Pinnacle condos are RIGHT on TOP of the base lodge! Couldn't really get any closer to the slopes. Most/all of the night time action was over at the Kaatskill Mtn. Club (ie pool, hot tubs, bar, restaurant, etc.). This was a bit of a hike to get there. We usually drove. We found the staff on the slopes to be quite friendly and helpful AND most of the visitors were nice too. Conditions were great and Hunter did a great job grooming the slopes for the next day. We thought food choices in the lodge for lunch, etc were quite numerous and dinner at the Van Winkle restaurant was great too although the place gets pretty crowded at times. Overall, we had a great time and plan to go back annually for a snowboard/ski trip.

New York City, New York
6 attraction reviews
“Close to NYC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The best thing about Hunter is how close it is to the city. I go at least once a year and stay at the Kaatskill Mountain Club. The mountain itself is fairly small. I would also say it is not good for beginners as most of the runs are pretty challenging. The food offered in the cafe is standard for a ski place, nothing special and a bit expensive. They do have a good selection for vegetarians which is appreciated!