“My First Snowboard Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 Attractions in Hunter
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas, Outdoors
Activities: Skiing, Snowboarding
More attraction details
Owner description: Popular ski resort providing excellent runs and trails for downhill skiing, snowboarding, snowtubing and snowshoeing.
New York City, New York
“My First Snowboard Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to Hunter twice, once in December and once in January for my first and second snowboarding experience. In December the snow machines were in full swing as the snow hadn't really started for the year and it was a warm winter. Although the ski conditions weren't that great, Hunter offered a variety of slopes for all levels of skiers. I took a lesson and Greg was my instructor and was a really great coach. We accomplished a lot in our first lesson and he taught us the basics so we could work on our beginner skills.

The second trip in January was a bit more conducive to real ski conditions. The snow was good, more powdery than the first experience. The only draw back was my snowboard instructor was a little young and wasn't that great of a teacher. I learned more in my first lesson than I did in the second one.

The lodge on the mountain is ok. They have things like chili and chicken fingers, hot coffee and tea, etc. The inside is a bit small so around lunch time the place gets crowded. They have lockers for your things which run about $7 and if you have a lot of things you can rent a bin for $10 and when you return for your things, you get $5 back. The lines to get your stuff at the end of the day can be long, but it moves quickly.

For the price, I would definitely return again. Especially since it's only about two hours outside of NYC.

Visited January 2012

ny
3 attraction reviews
“insanely fun zipling!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Worth every penny!! An adrenaline rush for the entire family!! My mom, who is 50 and scared of any sort of adrenaline rush, had so much fun that she wants to go again! The employees were laid back yet completely professional and fun! I don't think I've ever given a five star review on anything but Hunter Mountain Zip lining deserves one! Oh, the views are UNBELIEVABLE!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
“Worth the Detour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

On our way to Sheffield, MA, we stopped here and took the detour to here. The price was right, and the trip was amazing. We did it in October to see the foilage. The ski lift was a great way to look out and enjoy nature. We could have stayed longer at the top but we still had to drive to our B & B in MA. The ziplining looked great too!!! In nice weather, sitting at the top of the mountain would be endless. We saw mountains for miles-- New York, MA, and Vermont. It was exactly what we needed to unwind from the suburbs.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
27 attraction reviews
“Amazing Fall views and worth the trip!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Well this ski resort is just not for winter anymore! We took the "skyride" (ski lift) to the top of the mountain and was able to see mountain ranges covered in amazing fall foliage in 3 states including Massachusetts, New York and Vermont!! This is such a great little stop if you are in the area and support this business in what would normally be it's off season. It was relatively quiet and only a few visitors were around! Highly suggest this for a fall foliage visit!

Toronto, Canada
“Scenery out of this World”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you have not seen the panoramic scenery of mountains, woodlands, rivers and majestic scenery I would suggest Hunter, NY. Such nature scenes, you will relish forever. We have friends there, so we were fortunate not to worry about motels etc.

Hunter Mountain is world class for skiing, the views are breathtaking, the people are friendly, mostly out of this world for city folk. Take a ride on the chair lift and see the beautiful surrondings which seem to be untouched from many years back. Atmosphere is genuine and restaurants aplenty, mostly smaller establishments where life is laid back and the food is excellent. I highly recommend.

Visited August 2012