“Expensive Mexican” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
NY
“Expensive Mexican”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Hubby loves this spicy food. I think it is good but it is not a place to take a crowd or family for a cheap dinner.

Visited August 2012

Maine
“Perfect Fall Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I'm a bit of a planner so when I was told where I was lunching vs. picking the spot, I'm always a bit apprehensive. Mexican for lunch, as a woman I was thinking.......FULL. But the atmosphere and the portions of the meals and the flexibility of the menu had me wanting more. It didn't hurt that the pitchers of margaritas were amazing. We had a large party and were accommodated immediately (reservations? again, I wasn't the planner, I can only imagine they were made). The atmosphere of the restaurant was so fun, dressed in fall decor, plus an overlay of Halloween made such a pop of colors and layers it was inviting, but not overwhelming. Our servers were in excellent moods as they were able to dress up for Halloween as well. I got a variation of their popular salad, others went with traditional selections. Everything was ready at once, which is hard to do with a large party. It was a fun, exciting place and I'd love to go back. It's on the most popular of streets in Hudson...Warren Street. You'd be lucky to find a parking spot on the street, but the municipal parking lot, which is just one block away, has a lovely shortcut (well lit, and bricked walkway) through to Warren Street and directly across from the restaurant. I want to go back and enjoy the surroundings, but for now, it was a great first visit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Amory, Mississippi
“A Very Neat Place to Eat! Will Find It in NYC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Were in the mood for Mexican! Great atmosphere! Our B&B host had told us that portions were very large. We didn't listen to him and ordered too much! Loved the Mexican Macaroni & Cheese. Great service!

New York City, New York
“Decent mexican food in Hudson”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. The atmosphere is fun and inviting, and the wait staff were very nice and attentive. We ate at the bar, which has a great beer selection on tap, and ordered the chips and salsa, tortilla soup, and taco salad. The chips seemed home made and were not too salty, the salsa was really good too. Our hot plates were tasty, but our main complaint would have to be about the "white sauce" they drizzle over all of the dishes. We saw other plates coming out of the kitchen that had the drizzle as well. We were not sure what it was, maybe a sour cream mixture of some kind, but it was really heavy and over used. Next time we will be sure to say sauce on the side. Worth checking out, even for just a beer and snack.

Lafayette, Louisiana
“dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The food was delicious! The roosted corn on the cob was out of this world and the Margarita was probably the best I've ever had.