“Cosy, discreet and affordable!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Union Street Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hudson
Union Street Guest House
You added Union Street Guest House to your Saves list
349 Union St, Hudson, NY 12534   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hudson
Atlanta
“Cosy, discreet and affordable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Well, maybe Hudson is not such a great destination but it is sure, that this small town, has a nice and comfortable B&B. We have booked the "Library" and it was perfect for our needs. The price was also fair, i may say.
We made the booking, respecting their procedures (which may seems a bit complicated). To be sincere, I prefer a written booking order and much more I do appreciate when a hotelier reply quickly to an e-mail message, a good habit, that is missing from a large part of this type of small independent accommodations. It was not the case of Union Street Guest-House.

Easy to get to the location, very close to the train station, in downtown.
Staying there for three days it felt like a short return to a grandma’s house, a subtle comfort sensation. Although it felt so home, this B&B still have a simple but elegant and refined interior style. It’s not stuffed with al sort of useless things but somehow it manage not to be boring for your eye.
We’ve found a very clean condition and all amenities perfectly functional, so personally I don’t have any negative thoughts or impressions, I also can not say that we were mesmerized (it is still a province B&B), but one thing is sure: if our road will take us in that area we will choose again (if vacancy) Union Street Guesthouse.

Room Tip: "The Library"
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Just got back from our stay at the USGH. It's a nice little quiet place to stay that is more unique than any other hotel I've been to. Comfortable beds and the interior design in the rooms is more thought-out than other places I've stayed. The location works well too, very close to shops and restaurants in downtown Hudson. If you are looking for something a little different (and better) than the usual, check this place out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Commack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I visit Hudson quite a bit, and haven't tried the union street guest house until my most recent visit. I was very surprised with how meticulously the rooms were decorated, it makes the place feel more homey than a typical hotel. They also have a great lobby and bar area which was also a nice surprise, didnt really expect that. Overall a nice place to stay,

Room Tip: I was in the Treetop suite, I reccomend it!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We made a reservation at Union Street Guest House for a romantic autumn getaway months in advance, but then a few days later received word from them that they were already booked. Soon after, though, I saw that they had charged my credit card anyway and so I immediately contacted them, leaving them two voicemail messages. No word. So I called my credit card and they cancelled the charge. Then, weeks later, I received an email from the Guest House asking me why the charge was revoked and they went ahead and re-charged my credit card without my permissions. I emailed them and explained the situation. The response was immediate, but I was shocked by the extremely rude tone of the message, in which the contact person insisted that I couldn't possibly have received a phonecall of that sort (though I did) and that I did not follow their rules (email only). No apology whatsoever. I wrote back saying the situation must've been a misunderstanding and that I was grateful if they could cancel the charge and reservation. I tried to be especially nice because the tone of the correspondence was turning unpleasant to my great surprise. I received an immediate response again, again no apology, and the contact person criticized me for not reading the website carefully enough to realize that they NEVER respond to telephone messages or make telephone calls. (Yes, it is their policy to ignore all phone messages.) The email was curt, without any greeting or signature, and I honestly felt like I was getting dumped by a stranger. It was incredibly rude, incredibly condescending, needlessly angry, and entirely inflexible about their policies and my error. The contact person's rage was over a reservation six months away! I didn't respond to this email. I don't exactly know what happened with the initial cancellation, but I do know that I will never make a reservation here again. I have never had such an unpleasant experience with a B&B in Hudson Valley or anywhere. Honestly, I'd be scared to encounter such an unpleasant, quick-to-anger staff, especially when I'm trying to relax.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
USGH, Owner at Union Street Guest House, responded to this review, March 3, 2012
It is interesting that this review is exactly why we have the policy we do about doing everything in writing...emails only so there are no arguments over dates, rates, agreements, etc. 99% love this set-up, so much less confusion.

This person made a reservation, begged us to allow early check-ins & late check-outs, kept changing the reservation, adding and deleting dates. Then without warning she just had her credit card charge cancelled. She tried to come up with stories about phone calls, etc but (yes, we do not return phone messages and we make that very clear) was continually caught in untruths. In the end we realized that she just did not want to have to pay a cancellion fee so she made all of this up.

No one here was rude to her, and I signed every email I sent. It is so sad that some people think they are better than everyone else and don't want to play by the simple rules we have in place. I almost feel sorry for her. In the end she missed out on the most important thing.. a GREAT STAY! There is no better Inn in the Hudson Valley then the USGH.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

The usgh was great. Unfortunately we could only stay one night but its cute rustic charm made me never want to leave! Their reservation policies are a bit stringent but if you can get past that it's definitely worth the stay.

• Stayed January 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I were trying to book a room and had to change the date. The whole process was very confusing and it didn't help that the staff refuses to pick up the phone and would not call us back. We then thought we had 2 reservations, only to learn that after we emailed them, that we didn't have a reservation at all! Overall very stressful and not a pleasant way for us to relax. Would not recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We could live here!! Each room stunning and creative! Our little Jack Russel loves it here as much as we do! I almost fear writing to much more, I don't want our secret spot to become to popular!! This time we brought friends as well, and they were over the moon too!
We heart the union street guest house!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Union Street Guest House? Share your experiences!