“A relaxing way to start the day” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakeries, Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Caldwell, New Jersey
“A relaxing way to start the day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great atmosphere, wonderful coffee, yummy breakfast. Outside dining on the back patio in nice weather.

Visited September 2012

Fairfield, New Jersey
“Great way to start the day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stumbled into Cafe Le Perche and we were rewarded with a cute bar and a cozy dining room once we ventured past the bakery case filled with delectable goodies. The cool and friendly staff and owner made us feel welcome but didn't fall over us - the very best combination as far as we're concerned. A delicious and generously poured Bloody Mary was bright and perfectly balanced. We had the 5 selection cheese plate which offered a blue, a brie, 2 hard cheeses and another creamy bite from heaven. Accompanied by salted toast spears (surely toasty versions of their bread), cranberry onion chutney and honey, this plate was a fantastic start to the day. Our bar neighbor had the mushroom tartine - he was delighted with its mushroomy-ness. A regular arrived and was warmly greeted, a good sign. Go here. We are going back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NYC
“Perfect Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

The potato fries were to-die-for! The service was great, the place was beautiful and I wish I took home some pastries :-)

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Cozy & Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I went to eat lunch at this unassumingly decorated cafe and restaurant with my partner and a friend. While, in the front is a cafe with a small selection of delicious french desserts, the ding room in the back is warmly decorated with a simplicity adorned with a warm cozy wood burning fireplace. Despite the small menu. The food is surprisingly high quality and delicious. When doubting the quality of the food at a new restaurant, I always ordered a familiar and simple thing. At Cafe Le Perche, I ordered the burger, which was one of the specials of the day. I decided on the burger, because the way our waitress described it, made it sounds so scrumptious. When it came, I know I have made the right choice. The burger is the best tasting, best presented and the best in any possible way! It is juicy, it came with (what look and taste like) freshly baked buns, home made fries, sliced tomato, carmelized onion, bacon and a side of salad. The meat is dripping with juice and well cooked, the way I ordered it, and so tasty. My partner and my friend could not resists and asked for a bite to taste my burger. Their orders: the beet salad and croque Monsieur, although delicious and look well presented, can not compete with the burger.

However, my fresh lemonade was a tad too sweet and came with a bit too much ice for a cold fall day.

I would definely recomend this place and come back, the next time I pass through Hudson.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, New York
“Do not waste your money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I should have paid more attention to the reviews here and I would have saved myself from spending 12 dollars on a terrible omlette! Everything from the food to the service was extremely subpar. I have to say it looks great inside and the pastries look great, although our waitress forgot to bring us the one we ordered so we didn't get to try it.. The omlettes and potatoes were kind of gross, we didn't even eat 1/2 our breakfast. No one came to ask how it was until we were almost finished....there was plenty of wait staff, a few women hanging around for as many tables but there weren't many to be found if you needed one. Our hot chocolates (at $4 a pop) were barely warm and they had marshmallows not cream. Anyway, all in all very disappointing, we will not go back.

• Visited November 2012