“Highly convenient, with a warm and welcoming environment” 4 of 5 stars

The Inn at Houghton Creek
9722 Genesee St, Houghton, NY 14744   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Houghton B&B and Inns
Maryland
“Highly convenient, with a warm and welcoming environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

Nice large rooms, and very friendly staff make this a comfortable spot to spend a day or a week. proximity to Houghton College can't be beat. The area is short on restaurants, but there are plenty of good ones within a 30 minute drive.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mount Vernon, ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

There are very few hotels near Houghton College. This one is right no the edge of the campus. I generally look for the best deal, financially but this trip, I wanted to have more time with my daughter so we opted to stay here. It was worth every penny! Immediately, the cleanliness hit me. Everything was so nice and clean. I felt at ease having my 5 year olds roll all over the floor. The beds were the most comfortable hotel beds I've stayed in. All in all, it was a wonderful experience. Best of all, I had lots of time with my daughter and was able to participate in the college activiites and head back to our room when we wanted to just rest.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Located at the entrance to Houghton College, it is easy to find. It is a two story, medium sized inn. Our room was exceptional, being a corner room, with windows on adjacent walls, otherwise being your standard layout.

Exceptionally maintained, clean and fresh, and very welcoming. It had one of the most comfortable beds ever, and despite being at the college entrance, was very quiet, with no traffic noise.

Just two points I would mention: No free internet, USB cards are available for $3.00 per day, unusual in this internet age. Secondly, no alcohol allowed on the premises. Why, I don't know, perhaps due to it being on the grounds of the college.

Overall, an outstanding value which I recommend heartily

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
IAHCInnkeeper, Manager at The Inn at Houghton Creek, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here! I wanted to just clarify, however, that we do offer free wireless internet throughout the Inn (the USB cards, I agree are out of date). Also, although alcohol is not sold at the Inn or in Houghton, we do allow our guests to bring their own beverages to enjoy in their rooms.

Been to The Inn at Houghton Creek? Share your experiences!