“Great Fresh Pasta” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sparta, New Jersey
“Great Fresh Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

After reading the reviews we decided to try Louie's and folks are right, we were lucky to get a table on a Friday evening without a reservation. We tried the pasta carbonara and penne with sausage. Both were delicious with freshly prepared sauces. My only complaint was that they use cheap plastic throw-away glasses for water but if you're in Horseheads give Louie's a try.

Visited June 2014

Providence, Rhode Island
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I recently had dinner at Louie's on a Sat night. The reviews were spot on, this is worth the trip. I would recommend reservations definitely, as this place is not huge. First the bread is very good, and they supply olive oil like a good Italian Restauratn should. We started off with the Eggplant parmigiana as an appetizer which was excellent. Done just right! I then ordered the Penne Vodka Pomodoro, and my wife ordered the Shrimp Affredo. Both were excellent. The Penne had an excellent Vodka sauce, which was great for dipping my bread in. Our server was very attentive, and pleasant. We will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

Visited May 2014
“Excellent food, even to go!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We ordered food to go and it was as good as eating it right in the restaurant! Everything was delicous especially the bread that comes with the meal! The take out order process needs alittle work becuase it did take awhile to place the order being put on hold several times.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mt Pleasant, MI
“Absolutely WONDERFUL food, Best Kept Secret in Horseheads, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Last night was my second visit to this tiny little, privately owned restaurant in Hanover Square in Horseheads, NY. The dinner menu is somewhat limited, but the food is divine. I ordered angel hair pasta with meatballs which was not on the menu?! How an Italian restaurant cannot have spaghetti and meatballs on the menu is beyond me, but none the less, they fixed it for me. No, they don't have linguini, or regular spaghetti, but YES, they have angel hair pasta, so that's what I got. Marinara sauce the best I have ever tasted, meatballs wonderful. Hubby had a house favorite with penne pasta and chicken that he raved about. Wonderful small loaves of Italian bread. EVERYTHING hand made and fresh. I HIGHLY recommend this place. It is very small, cute decor, brick walls, etc. quite noisy when full, which it was last night. Make it a point to try it out. I should mention they also offer sandwiches and pizza as well. Beef and wine available.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Horseheads, New York
“Pizza like no other”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family loves to eat here at least once a month. Wraps are excellent and we also love the "Louie's Special" pizza. They always let me substitute bacon for chicken. Absolutely the best pizza ever. If you really want another treat, the garlic knots are baked to perfection and the garlic butter on them is delicious. Haven't tried many other dishes since we love the above selections and have mainly stayed with them. Make a reservation as it gets busy at dinner time. Absolutely, this is our favorite place to eat and we have ALWAYS have great waitress staff, great food and great atmosphere.

• Visited April 2014