“A whole other level of service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Horseheads
Toronto
“A whole other level of service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

As others have noted, this is a new hotel. Everything is sparkling new. New hotels can go through growing pains as they get processes sorted. Not this place!! They have it down pat! As is typically of Marriott hotels, the staff get an A+. Friendly, humble, and just the right touch when it comes to hospitality. I took advantage of the free breakfast which follows the Marriott standard. However I had an especially pleasant experience during breakfast. I prefer whole grain breads. When I got to breakfast I stood scouting the offerings and one of the staff pleasantly asked me if there was anything she could help with (that alone impressed me!). I responded that I was looking for sliced bread, preferably whole grain or dark, but would settle for anything sliced though could not see any. She said, "Oh, I'm sure we had some, let me see...". She disappeared for a moment then returned with a whole loaf of freshly baked sliced whole grain bread!! SOLD!! When added to the most pleasant check-in staff out there, I say A+

I stayed one night and slept well. There is a 24 hour department store with grocery section across the parking lot and other stores very close by. Very nice spot. Staff here should be proud of the job they do - their efforts make a positive difference in a traveller's experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Jason S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words regaring our staff here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. We do try very hard to go above and beyond. Again, thank you and I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This was a great hotel. Staff was very friendly. Pool was nice, clean and well kept. There was not hot tub, which was disappointing. We were on the first floor, and could hear the people beside us plain as day. Not very sound proof. Breakfast was fresh, lots of choice and clean eating area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response, and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to the Elmira/Corning area. We appreciate the kind words, and my breakfast attendants work very hard, and also appreciate the kind words as well.

thank you!
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was surprisingly modern and perfectly clean. I'm a big fan of the Fairfield Inns, but this one was above and beyond. If you're looking for a nice place to stay in the southern Finger Lakes area, this is a great choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip to the Elmira/Corning area. I apologize that our pool wasn't open for you during your stay, however it is now open, and we anticipate that it will remain open with no problems moving forward. Again, thank you, and please don't hesitate to contact us on your next visit to the Elmira/Corning area.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is brand new, opened only a couple of weeks ago. Naturally it's all clean and shiny. The beds are comfortable. The breakfast is fairly standard, I wish there were more fruits/vegetables, but overall not bad. The staff is super friendly and helpful, definitely a highlight of our stay.
The only drawback was that the pool was closed. I don't think Marriott pools like me very much - I always run into some kind of problem with their pools. Never happens at other hotels. Go figure.
The hotel does not allow pets, which is a huge bonus for our family.
Surprisingly, it is very quiet at night, even though it is close to the highway. We slept with our windows open (another bonus, as I hate air conditioning), and it was not noisy at all.
The hotel is situated in a plaza next to Cracker Barrel, so you won't have a problem finding a place to have lunch or dinner.
About 25 min drive to Watkins Glen and 15 minutes to Corning.
Very convenient, very nice, very friendly. Will definitely be staying there again when I am in the area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for your stay with us, and your kind words regarding our hotel and our staff. We will certainly be looking forward to seeing again in the future on your next visit.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning? Share your experiences!