“Pretty Good Food & clean restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 74 Restaurants in Horseheads
Cuisines: Barbecue
Horseheads, New York
“Pretty Good Food & clean restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I went here Saturday night with my daughter and her husband. We were greated immediately and told to site wherever which I like. We took a booth and our waitress came over to us within minutes. She told us the specials and got our drinks. We ordered the mac & cheese deep fried balls. They were very good with a little heat to them and they were served with a spicy romalade sauce for dipping. I order the special soup which was baby back rib soup and some chicken wings. My daughter ordered parm wings and my son-in-law ordered a hamburger. I have eaten here before and knew the BBQ was good and I was in the mood for wings. The soup was different and came in the smallest bowl I have ever seen. The portion was way too small for the price.Both my and my daughters wings were very good and my son-in-law loved the burger. The service was excellent the place was very clean and bright and the food was good. We will def come back again.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Erin, New York, United States
“Clean Interior, Decent Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went to Braun's on a recent Friday night for dinner. This place is a combination bar and restaurant, with a western-style decor theme--very clean and neat the evening we stopped in. I ordered a half rack of ribs, my husband a steak sandwich. My rib dinner came with two sides, my choice from maybe 8 or so sides. Unfortunately they were out of the potato salad I wanted, so ordered a cup of broccoli-chicken soup and a side salad. Everything was quite good--the sauce on the ribs was tasty but maybe a tad drier than I prefer. Husband enjoyed his steak sandwich, and our waitress,"Emily" was great--super friendly and efficient.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elmira, New York
“Finally a BBQ place!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

First and foremost this is a half bar (nice bar) half casual sit down joint. Very good service and the menu is awesome. They offer lots of things that you don't find locally. The only thing Ive noticed is that sometimes the beef brisket is prepared differently. Not that it was bad either way but one time is was torn up more and the other time is was slices like you usually see. Anyway the prices are super cheap and its a clean place.

Visited April 2012
horseheads
“Local HHS Graduate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Great ownership and food. Very friendly staff. Ribs to die for and the smoked macaroni and cheese will bring you back.

Visited April 2012
“Dang Good BBQ!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Visited the Pour House over two days just to sample the BBQ. Turns out the owner worked with a pit master in TX and when the pit master passed he had the opportunity to take the carousel smoker and it landed in Horseheads! Which is good for the local folk who have been dying for decent BBQ outside of Syracuse (Dinosaur). Enough babble...on with the food...I have tried the brisket (dinner and slider), pulled pork (sandwich and slider), ribs, fried green tomatoes, BBQ beans, coleslaw, potato salad, standard slider, and french fries. It was ALL good! The sauces are sweet and the service is very friendly. For this self-professed BBQ snob the Pour House is in my top ten list nationwide and easily in my top three locally.