“My Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Horseheads
Elkins, West Virginia, United States
“My Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed for 13 months on business in the Candlewood Suites in Horseheads, NY, from October 2011, through October 2012. I've been in hotels on extended stays during my entire career and I can honestly say that It was the best hotel experience I've ever had.

This hotel is new, nice and clean. The rooms and the grounds are immaculate. The beds and feather pillows are the best. All of the staff are knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make my stay pleasant. The hotel is convenient in that it is close to many restaurants, lots of shopping and the airport. I give this hotel the highest rating. I will stay here again if I'm ever in this area. I highly recommend it to anyone travelling here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Rob - thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Candlewood. It was our please to have you as our guest and we all miss not having you here. You definitely became part of our "family" and we will always remember that. I hope you will have another opportunity to come back and visit us. Thanks again for choosing us as your "home away from home".

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

The room was excellent. However, I prepaid for the room and added my brother to the room later. When he checked in the MOD tried to charge him for a one-night stay. I got that solved, but it never should have happened that way.

Room Tip: Across the parking lot from an Outback Steakhouse! One of my favorite restaurants! Great rooms, bath...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our Hotel after your last stay with us. We appreciate the input of all our valued guests. I want to personally apologize that you encountered problems at check in. I agree - this incident should have never happened and we will take extra training efforts to make sure that problems like this do not occur again. I am pleased to know that other than that - your stay with us was enjoyable. I hope that if your business or personal travels bring you to the area again - you will chose Candlewood Suites. Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Candlewood Suites in Horseheads is by far the nicest extended stay hotel I have ever stayed in. I had stayed at this hotel for over a year on a long term project and I couldn't begin to say how well I was treated. The rooms are very well equiped and spacious, the housekeeping was superb and the grounds were excellent.
Diane at the front desk was always bright and cheerful and a gracious smile after a long day at work. Adam from maintence ensured the hotel always ran smoothly. GraceAnn from housekeeping was always a pleasure and ensured my room was cleaned. Andrea, the manager, runs an incredible hotel and it shows. I highly recommend this pet friendly hotel to the business traveler, families, or couples interested in exploring the areas wine trail.
Thanks to everyone at the Candlewood Suites, I have enjoyed my stay immensely and will cherish the memories.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Bill - thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to comment on your stay with us. It's always nice to know that the hard work and dedication of the team members does not go unnoticed. I am very lucky to have such a great team because without them my job would be much more difficult. We very much enjoyed the opportunity to get to know you and have you as part of the "family" for a year. You will always be remembered by staff and we hope that some day you will come back to visit us. Thanks again and Happy Holidays.
Yarmouth, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was attending a seminar at Cornell Veterinary College the second weekend in October 2012, and found all but the poorest-quality hotels in Ithaca to be booked solid. My husband and two mini dachshunds were traveling with me, so we needed a pet-friendly hotel. I found Candlewood Suites online, and was happy to see it was only a 30-minute drive to Cornell. The room was bright, contemporary, and spotlessly clean. The refrigerator and microwave were perfect for storing and warming canned dog food. There was also a cooktop, but we opted for takeout dinners from Outback Steakhouse (an easy walk across the parking lot). The front desk staff loved our little dogs, and enjoyed watching our younger one perform some of his tricks. This is a truly pet-friendly hotel that even has a designated grassy dog walking area complete with poop-bag dispenser. We will definitely stay here again. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and I am pleased to know that our staff and hotel highly exceeded your expectations. As an animal lover myself - it is fun to see all the little "furry" guests arrive. We have had some awesome pets in our hotel. If you are ever in the area again please consider choosing the Candlewood for your accommodation needs.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I decided to stay here during the first weekend in October 2012 as a little getaway in upstate New York. We have stayed at several other hotels in the immediate area (Hampton, Hilton Garden, Country Inn & Suites), but wanted to try out the Candlewood since it was the newest of the hotels.

We booked our reservation by phone for a king-sized bed room about 3 weeks prior to the weekend. However, when we arrived, I discovered that our reservation had changed from a king-room to 2 bed room. When I voiced my displeasure at the sudden change, the very nice lady behind the desk (Emani Newman) - informed me that the hotel had been oversold and that the 2 bed room was the only one available. She was simply fantastic in dealing with an upset customer (me)... and strived to make our stay enjoyable. She did a fantastic job.

In the end, we really did enjoy our night stay in the Candlewood Suites. We are originally from the Elmira-Corning region, and being up there during the fall foliage is always a treat!! Thanks for a very nice stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites. I want to personally apologize that your room type was unavailable. This is an unfortunate situation however I am pleased to know that Emani handled the situation to your satisfaction. She definitely is an asset to our team and I will make sure that I share your comments with her. Thank you again for your comments and I hope that we will see you again in the near future.
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My first time at any Candlewood Suites and I had a great experience in this cool hotel. I suppose it's designed for long-term stays and I could easily have lived there for a month. Instead I enjoyed 2 nights and have no complaints.

Very homey feeling apartment-type room. Really bright and modern. Full kitchen area was completey stocked with dishes, pots & pans and utensils, water jug in the fridge and popcorn ready in the microwave. Dish towels, detergent, garbage cans, recycling bins, all neatly tucked away out of view.

Desk area had 2 chairs, lots of convenient outlets and a corkboard on the wall. First place I've ever stayed with a corkboard. Nice touch! Wifi worked well with password provided. The do not disturb sign is a magnet you just slap on the other side of the door. Neat little things here you don't often see.

Terrific king sized bed, *really* comfortable, great linens. A/C worked perfectly.

Bathroom was gorgeous. Super nice ribbed towels, great supply of soaps and lotions, large fancy countertop. Loved it. Great water pressure and showerhead too.

The whole place is absolutely immaculate.

There's no restaurant onsite but they have a little pantry store where you can buy things like cans of soup, frozen microwavable meals, breakfast sandwiches, snacks, drinks, chips, granola bars, etc. All reasonably priced too, a buck or two each. Open 24 hours, The coffee in there is free and delicious. Across the parking lot is an Outback Steakhouse and you can find a bar at the Hilton Garden Inn down the street.

Outside are 2 nice patio areas with tables and cushioned chairs, one even had a barbeque.

Super awesome place. I will be sure to check out other Candlewood locations and will definitely return here next time I need to be in the Elmira/Horseheads/Corning area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Andrea S, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review about your stay at the Candlewood. We strive to meet the needs of every guest and to make sure that their stay is memorable. I'm glad that we had the opportunity to do that for you. We hope that we will have another opportunity to have you as our guest and that we can continue to WOW you. Thank you again for your great comments.
Champion, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I enjoyed my extended stay at the Candlewood. The staff was amazing from The Director of Maintence Adam to the front desk with Diane, Walter, Emani, Brenda, Michelle, Tammy. The housekeepers kept the hotel spotless, Sarah was a heck of a housekeeper. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor (3) because no one is above me.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Ryan for sharing your comments about your extended stay at the Candlewood. The place just isn't the same without you. :) I am proud of our team members and it's a pleasure to know that they do not go unnoticed by our guests. If your company sends you back to the area or if you are here for leisure - please make it a point to come stay with us again.

Been to Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads? Share your experiences!