“Another Great Stay @ Another Hilton Garden INN” 5 of 5 stars

US Vintage GrandPrix Race
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horseheads
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Marcos, United States
“Another Great Stay @ Another Hilton Garden INN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I always select Hilton Brands and always 1st look for a Hilton Garden Inn. This hotel was fantastic. Close to the little regional airport, close to dining, shopping...it had everything needed to make me fill at home while I was away on business. The only thing missing were my 3 kids.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI_Elmira_Corning, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review! We are excited that you enjoyed our hotel and we have passed along your wonderful comments to our staff members. Each and every guest is like family here at our Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area. We can’t wait to see you again the next time you are in the area on business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I wanted to go to the Seneca Lake Wine Trail and go hiking at Watkins Glen Gorge. We looked at numerous inns and hotels in Watkins Glen and they were all quite expensive. The Hilton Garden Inn was an affordable alternative that was not too far away. The hotel was clean, affordable, comfortable, and nice. I would recommend it to anyone going to Watkins Glen who wants to save about $70-100 a night.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HGI_Elmira_Corning, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for the awesome review! We are excited that you enjoyed our hotel and we have passed along your wonderful comments to our staff members. We look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!
Scranton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Everything about this hotel impresses us every time we stay with them. Clean property and rooms, comfort and quality, feels like home. Fast courteous staff. Excellent location to shopping dining and other local attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are always happy to hear about a wonderful stay. I have shared your wonderful review with our entire staff. Each and every guest is like family here at our Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to your home away from home.
Corning, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We used the hotel for our 30th anniversary vow renewal and the service and help was outstanding. We spent the night in one of the rooms and everthing was good. Something in the area not the hotel got our allergies going. So we didn't sleep that well. So we decided to get dressed and go home and work out and shower there. We live in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGI_Elmira_Corning, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary! Interrupted sleep can easily change a hotel stay from great to poor, and I’m so sorry that happened to you. I am happy to hear that you think our hotel is great! I hope you’ll come visit us again soon. Thanks again.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We had an adequate stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Elmira/Corning. As others have noted, it is nicely located just off the highway near a shopping mall and just about every chain restaurant in existence.

The facility has two big pluses First, the lobby and public areas are very bright, open and welcoming. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the fitness room and the fact that everything was working (you can't say that about many hotels, at least the ones I stay in). Second, the front desk staff was welcoming and efficient, and responded to a request very quickly.

There are downsides - as noted by others, the soundproofing is very bad, if non-existent. We could hear the television in the room next door, not to mention hair dryers and showers running. Also, the HVAC system ran on very short cycles, and was very noisy. In order to hear the television, you had to turn it way up, which caused more noise once the HVAC cycled off. Given the soundproofing issue mentioned above, this made the noise problem that much worse.

In general I like Hilton Garden Inn's over Hampton Inn's because the rooms seem larger and brighter (whether they actually are or not I do not know). The room here, however, seemed dark and a little bit small - perhaps the size was an illusion brought on by the darkness. That being said, we had two very pleasant nights of sleep.

This hotel just didn't grab me - next time I'm in the area I will probably try the Hampton next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and cleanliness of the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service that exceeds our guest expectations. I do apologize about the noise. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly to discuss in detail. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

First off I am a gold Hilton member, with over 400K points. I have stayed at many hilton properties around the country. I have been to this particular property approximately five times over the years. Upon check in at 8:00 P.M. were were greeted by Natalie who was great. She quickly checked us in, and was very helpful, and accommodating. She was also of assistance later on during our visit as we stayed 3 nights this time. Nice job Natalie.
The first night our room 324 was above an air conditionaing unit. So the following morning I wanted to change our room, and I explained the reason why to Malinda (who works the front desk-days did) she told me I don't have much available on that floor right now but I do have a room near the elevator, so I decided to take it. However, she forgot to mention and I didn't realize that the ice machine and vending machine are also near the elevators.. Those Ice machines can be loud, so I happened to mention this to the housekeeping staff Betty. Who was extremely helpful and immediately took charge. She went downstairs to find me a room farther down the hall which was extremely quiet. She went totally out of her way above and beyond!!. Shirley who works in housekeeing was so very helpful. If it was not for Betty, most likely I would have been stuck with the room by the elevators which was partly my fault! However how could Betty in housekeeping find me a room more more quiet, when just 15 minutes earlier Malinda who works the front desk could not. Thank you Betty and Shirley. Also, as usual, all the rooms were spotless,and smelled clean! After B'fest in the morning as I was passing the front desk I happen to say in passing to Amanda who also works the front desk days if she had any upgrades for that night. I'm a gold member, so it never hurts to ask right.. She told me no, and rolled her eyes as I was passing her. Totally not the type of image Hilton wants to project I don't think. On another occassion I asker her something else. I felt that I was bothering this woman when I asked her something. Unpleasant people don't belong on the front desk. Just a comment! Overall, the place was great. The servers who worked the B'fest were great as usual.. I wish I remembered the names. Job well done to them, especially since it was a very hectic Sunday with a local college having graduation, and everyone coming at the same time to eat, and all in a hurry. They handled it extremely well. Thank you. Overall, a very pleasant stay except for the two above individuals who work the front desk days. I will be back.

Room Tip: 304. very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the awesome & fantastic review! Your words are warm and heartfelt and have been passed along to our staff as well as Betty and Shirley who took such great care of you. I assure you customer service is our top priority here at the Hilton Garden Inn and we are addressing your concerns. We appreciate your return business and strive to make each and every stay fantastic. Each of us is happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us, as we have enjoyed having you staying. Each and every guest is like family here at our Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Oneonta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I felt home away from home while staying at this location. It's close to the local mall where there's great shopping and it's also close to great restaurants. The design of the lobby area is wonderful and all of the staff were courteous. Although this location is near the shopping mall and restaurants, it's tucked away in just the right corner where there's almost no traffic.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We are always happy to hear about a wonderful stay. I have shared your wonderful review with our entire staff. We look forward to seeing you when you return to the area!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!