“Excellent service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Horseheads
North Potomac, Maryland
“Excellent service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

This is a very good Hilton Garden Inn in a mall-like setting. Everything was new and functioned well. The customer service was superb -- I forgot my prescription drugs in my room and the hotel sent them to my home by next-day FedEx, at no charge to me. I will not forget this.

• Liked — Superb customer service
  • Disliked — Surrounded by malls, nothing interesting to walk to.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2008

I chose this hotel based on the proximity to Ithaca, New York and also on it's reputation. This is also a review to alert other parents of Cornell University Graduates who may not be aware of the system in Ithaca during the May graduation process. Most Ithaca hotels hold a lottery type system. You can not book reservations no more than a year in advance, and even then, they have a lottery system. One has a system where you call in during a certain week, and only then; one has a system where you send in the dates you want and they basically draw your name out "of a hat", etc. If you don't win, you better start searching as close as possible right away! When I booked our reservations at the Hilton in Horseheads, (a year in advance) the girl said "Congratulations". I said, "for what, my son graduating from Cornell, or finding a place to stay?" She replied, "Both". When we arrived, the check in clerk asked me if this was for the Cornell graduation. If you play dumb and say you're staying there for another reason, you may get cheaper rates, I don't know. (Ours was $211. a night and we had a king suite because that was all we could get, and I'm glad because it was really NICE!).Oh and by the way, they charged my credit card for the reservations, the week before our arrival. If you don't change your reservations the week before, you are stuck with the bill.

Horseheads is about 30 to 45 mins. away from Ithaca, depending on traffic.

The hotel is very nice, very clean, and right across the street from the Arnot Mall, a BIG mall with lots of stores, a multi movie cineplex, an arcade. There are several restaurants within a block, the Outback, the Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, the Olive Garden, Chilis. The hotel also has a very nice, though small, restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner, and a small bar. The breakfast bar was very nice with a lot of selections., a little pricey at $9.95 but it was all you could eat. You could have your eggs any way you wanted including omelets, although on Graduation Day, I ordered poached eggs and the cook said I would have to wait, it would take too long to heat the water????? For poached eggs?? I guess he was overwhelmed because I think there were a lot of Cornell people there. I ordered suuny side up instead and they were good, but it took a while (longer than poached eggs would have taken). Then they spilled syrup on my younger sons pancakes and were going to make new ones, (which was a nice offer) but he said don't because "I was putting syrup on them anyway!"

The hotel is "green" so if you want your sheets and towels changed every day, you have to leave a certain card on your bed pillow and throw your towels on the floor so they know to change these things. I'm all for conserving, but when I'm on a vacation and paying $211. a night, I'm sorry, but I want clean EVERYTHING EVERYDAY I'm there!

The hotel was clean, the bed pillows VERY VERY COMFORTABLE, the bed DITTO, overall, a great place to stay!

• Liked — The cleanliness, comfortable rooms,, the mall and restaurants within walking distance, the airfield and museum nearby
  • Disliked — Having to put a postcard on the bed to have the sheets changed each day and throwing the towels on the floor every day to get clean ones
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2008

The hotel was excellent! I travel periodically and stay at various hotels and I found this one to be on the top of my list. The rooms were immaculate! The bathrooms were immaculate! The service was EXCEPTIONAL! I checked in at 9:40pm and immediately went to the restaurant (which closed at 10pm). The restaurant was preparing to close and rendered my family and I with PERFECT service! You have to try the prime rib special on Saturdays for only 10.95! The breakfast station was awesome. The servers were awesome! The room service was AWESOME! The swimming area was clean and my children enjoyed it as it was perfect for small children 5 feet and below. I truly do not have one complaint. The front desk gentlemen, even tied my children's tie without hesitation. I would recommend this hotel 100%. Needless to stay, I am going to stay again, when I go down to visit my Nana.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Greece, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2007

very nice hotel only thing i found was no fan in bathroom and soft water othert han that a great hotel. nice pool great . will stay again when in area

• Liked — the clean room
  • Disliked — no fan and soft water in bathroom
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

I'd highly recommend this hotel. My husband and I spent 2 days here while he attended a conference. The bed was especially comfortable with a choice of foam or feather pillows. Close to attractions in Corning, NY and about 20-30 min. to the Finger Lake area and Watkins Glen. I recommend hiking the Gorge at Watkins Glen. Absolutely gorgeous.

• Liked — The very comfortable beds & nice hot tub
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

My husband and I were in town for a school reunion. We stayed here two nights before moving down the street to another hotel where the reunion was being held. We found the room to be very comfortable. The
beds were divine as were the linens. I was thrilled to see a coffee maker, a microwave and a refigerator. All were used during our stay.
The hotel does not charge for local calls, and if you made any long distance calls, the first 60 minutes were free. I have never seen that anywhere else I have been. Breakfast was very good with a wide varity of breakfast choices. Being a swimmer, I did use the swimming pool. It may not as been as warm as some are used to, but I enjoy cooler water and enjoyed it very much. A nice touch is the big shower room just off the pool. I did not use the exercise area but did see quite a few people using the equipment. I did not bring my laptop, and used the business room that had free computer use and other business functions. I also love getting the free newspaper every morning. The Neutrogena products were also very nice. I thought
this hotel was absolutely comfortable and would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Liked — Comfortable beds and indoor pool
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Delafield, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

Very solid property, great service, great breakfast, good workout facility, very clean rooms, top notch hotel for business travelers

Stayed August 2007

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!