“loved it!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sayre, Pennsylvania, United States
“loved it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had an amazing time, the only thing I didnt like (was my fault, lol) is i didnt know that I could change the comfort level on the bed!! Staying again in april and since I know this now, I will have a great nights sleep!! Def. recommend this hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waverly, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in the whirlpool room. The room and whirlpool was very nice, clean and relaxing. A nice weekend get away for my wife and myself. Location is great, close to mall , shopping and restaurants. Breakfast was very satisfying, a lot of choices something for everyone's taste. We would definitely choose this hotel again for another "get away". When we travel, we will be looking to stay a ta Hilton Garden Inn

Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The overall apperance of the hotel is beautiful. Lobby area is welcoming and comforting. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Both the bathroom and hot tub were very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The in house bar and restaurant are both a good choice if you do not feel like leaving the hotel. Food selection and taste are both very good. If in the area, i would stay here again and reccomend it to others.

Rochester, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn is usually my first choice for hotels, and this one certainly proved why I choose HGI when traveling for business or pleasure. The staff was helpful and friendly and caring. The food quality was excellent in the restaurant and the prices were reasonable. I would certainly stay there again when traveling in the Elmira-Horseheads-Corning area.

U.s.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just finished up my yearly stay here and as usual, five years in a row, everything about this place is top-notch. Stayed entire last week in Room 338, quite as a church, warm and clean as a whistle. Once again Shauncey, our caretaker for our conference facilities, did her usual outstanding job of taking care of my students each day for five straight days, food was excellent as always and plenty of it. Also notable, friendly and warm Morgan at the front desk and Elizabeth, room service server extraordinaire, added to the overall enjoyment of my stay. There are no unfriendly employees here; everyone, and I mean down to the guys mopping the hallways downstairs at 4am, are all nice folks. You cannot do better than this Hilton Garden Inn. Finest kind of place to stay. Transport from Airport: Use "Bill's Transportation Service," nice Russian guy, friend of mine now, always on time, always helpful. You can catch him outside the airport or ask for him at the transportation desk. Note: The shrimp cocktail in the hotel restaurant is a bit over-horseradished but the shrimp are cooked to spongy perfection so if you like tangy and hot, this is a great one. I could have done with a bit less cocktail sauce and more lemon and cilantro. The Buffalo Shrimp Wrap is a bit of a misnomer, unintentional I'm sure, but the shrimp are actually deep fried rock hard and then put into the wrap with wilted romaine and sauce. I'd suggest to the chef that you use the same shrimp, steamed/boiled, in the wrap that you use in the cocktail. The textures will marry better. Overall food is great and the chef does a cook to order breakfast for ten bucks that cannot be beaten. All you can eat and he can really cook. Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor, away from elevator but every room in this hotel is actually perfect and quiet. I...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CT W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Well BiminiZane, what can I say in response to such praise except we appreciate your business and loyalty. The difference between a good and a great experience is the effort the staff takes to make you feel welcome. It is wonderful you took the time to remember each staff member you came in contact with and to let the world know it. I will be certain to share your comments.

Thank you for choosing my Hilton Garden Inn.
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This property was clean and near shopping and some resteraunts such as Outback Steakhouse and Red Lobster. I didn't have time for the gym and the pool, only there one night. The beds were very comfortable, and they provided 2 bottles of water to all guests.

Breakfast was sit down/waitress style instead of grab and go. I was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to wait. This is an extra charge, so you can only grab coffee for free in the morning.

I lost my cell phone in the parking lot...it popped off my belt when almost falling on the ice. They need some salt out there... Good thing the friendly staff found it when another customer turned it in. It was great to get the phone back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
CT W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased to hear you were unhurt from your near fall and that your cell phone was returned. We will be more vigilant with our inspections of the parking lot during inclement weather to insure no one gets hurt.

Thank you for choosing our Hilton Garden Inn. Please hurry back.
new york state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Saw an ad for the restaurant in the local paper, and decided to take a chance on the Sat night Prime Rib. Being a local that dines out around the area and gets disappointed a LOT, I was not about to set myself up to be impressed.

The good news:
This is NOT typical !!

This was nothing short of a great experience on a dreary rainy fall night.
Wonderful atmosphere, and simply great food.
Waitstaff is obviously skilled with proper training.......

It was so refreshing to have the waitress walk up and greet us with menus and
water right away. As opposed to all the waiting we have done at other places.
I can't stand waiting for menus, waiting for something (anything) to drink, water right from the start is so simple but such a welcome touch.

Admittedly, the place was almost abandoned, so service was prompt.
Not sure how the time line would play out if it was busy.
Food was excellent and prices are very reasonable.
The Fish Chowder soup, and Prime Rib were very good.
Waitress was -on-the-mark- with several visits throughout the meal that were not pushy and at the same time we did not feel "abandoned" as we have other places.

With so many bad experiences at local eateries ranging from awful food to clueless waitstaff, we were very impressed with this experience! Did I mention we were impressed??

Not only will we be back, we will tell every one we know about this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
CT W, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. I am thrilled we were able to exceed your expectations and look forward to your return...along with all your friends.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning? Share your experiences!