“The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maple City Inn

You added Maple City Inn to your Saves list
Maple City Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Canisteo Sq., Hornell, NY 14843 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hornell
Winsted, Connecticut
“The staff bent over backwards to accommodate us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel was suggested to us, we checked out the reviews and were skeptical at first. After much consideration, we decided to reserve two rooms for two nights to attend a wedding in Canisteo. I can honestly say that our visit was A+. The lobby was decorated with a Candy Land theme for Christmas, including a huge handmade Gingerbread House that was magnificent. The hotel staff was excellent, making popcorn each night for our three young grandchildren, they opened the pool whenever we wanted to use it and in fact, the water was like taking a bath. Our king suite was great for three little ones to run around, as their parents were across the hall. The bed was comfortable, and in fact, we stayed an extra night since our stay was so enjoyable. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise as well. We did hear the train throughout the day and night. It was a pleasant sound, however we were on the first floor and the fresh snow probably muffled the sound a bit. The only down was the room had an odor of smoke and age but that was quickly covered up with a $3.00 candle. We did end up with our four year old grandson sleeping in our room. Much to our dismay , the sofa was not a sleeper but that was ok too. We will definitely return!

• Stayed December 2013
Kelly K, General Manager at Maple City Inn, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. We here at the Comfort Inn do our best to please each and every customer! Our theme for the Christmas season this year is Candy Land, our entire staff took time out of their personal lives to come in and decorate, we are very pleased with the end result, Thank you for noticing the hard work that was put into it. We hope to have you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Honestly, I could not find a Marriot or Holiday Inn near where I wanted to stay so this was not my first choice. However, I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. for the price it was a great deal. The amenities were suitable and the staff was very accommodating with any requests I had. This Comfort Inn made much more comfortable than I expect to be. The staff was friendly and helpful and I slept well. The location is not immediately visible but it was easily accessible and close to all of the places I needed to visit that week. If I return to Hornell I will most certainly use this Comfort Inn again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kelly K, Manager at Maple City Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us, and others know about your experience! We here at the Comfort Inn hope that you enjoyed your stay and will return again soon.
Midlothian, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

If any of the above appeals to you, this is the place for you. Otherwise, although there are few other options, you need to stay elsewhere.

Check in experience - 6 of us waited 20 minutes with a sign on the front desk saying Be Back Soon. Turns out there is only 1 employee in the whole place in the evening, and she had to go change a battery in a smoke detector. So we all waited.
Carpets in the stairwell were worn through and the whole hallway had a terrible musty smell. Got to my room and the sink looked like someone had dropped a bowling ball in it. Deep cracks through out which were filled with peeling caulk. The vanity was also cracked, duct taped over, and the duct tape painted.
The whole place seems like they know that there are very few other hotels within 20 miles and so they spend as little as possible on the place, and it looks like it. At $69 a night, I might not expect more. At $109, I do.
Although we were scheduled for 3 nights, we checked out the next morning and drove 45 minutes the other way to stay at a Hampton Inn in Olean. Well worth the extra $10 a night and 15 minutes drive time.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Maple City Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us and others know of your experience! We here at the Comfort Inn apologize to you that things were not up to standard. We have taken your comments and will do our best to make sure that things are better. We hope that you will give us a second chance!
staten island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Let's start by saying this is a comfort Inn so I had to have realistic expectations. I was told this was the best hotel in the area and after a short exploratory drive I have to agree. the hotel is clean, pool is very nice and breakfast typical. Staff is very accommodating. The rooms are clean. Be prepared for the freight train to pass by your window three times a night with the horn blasting. The location is industrial and the town has seen its day with many shuttered stores. Keep in mind the hotel does not have an elevator so if you're on the second floor (where the non-smoking rooms are) then you will have to carry your luggage up two flights.

Room Tip: second floor on the left side (odd numbers) are a little quieter. Train runs on the right side (eve...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed our amenities. We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your experience! We hope that you will join us again in the near future!!
Lexington, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not well marked so hard to locate. Staff was friendly and helpful, recommended a very good restaurant. Room was clean and comfortable EXCEPT for the trains that ran behind the building all night! I put a pillow over my head and got some sleep but my husband waas up most of the night listening to their whistles. Also, no elevator. Breakfast was the cardboard stuff typical of these chains. Coffee was quite good

Room Tip: Farthest from train tracks.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your experience! We are sorry for not meeting your expectations . We hope that you will return and give us another chance!
Plymouth, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed here while attending a friend's wedding for the weekend. There were many positives but a few negatives too.
The room was VERY clean. The sheets were fresh and the bathroom was spotless (Yes! Finally!) I can not stand to find stray hairs/dirt in a bathroom and I was not disappointed! The staff was very friendly and courteous. They knew that we were there for a wedding and saw us leave and complimented us on our dresses. The next morning while leaving they even asked how the wedding was when they saw us in the hallway!
The continental breakfast was by far the best one that I have ever had. The coffee, not so much. It was horrible, I know it wasn't made wrong, just a very bad supplier! The location is very good. Hornell is a small town and this was close to everything and everywhere that we had to go to.

There was a train that went by at night. We were still up so it didn't bother us. The only other "bad" or "annoying" thing was, we were on the second floor and there is NOT AN ELEVATOR!! Seriously?? I had several bags beings I was there for a whole weekend and a wedding! Try lugging the weekend bags of 4 people up the stairs, not fun!
All in all, we had a very enjoyable weekend and I would stay there again..on the FIRST FLOOR!

Room Tip: If you're staying for some time and do not want to lug your luggage up the steps, request the fi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
We appreciate you taking the time to let us, and others know about your experience! We do our best to please each and every GUEST!! We here at the Comfort Inn hope that you enjoyed your stay and will return again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My first stay at this motel was back in 2011. I enjoyed it enough to return this year. Not much has changed (yet), one of the workers told me the motel is going to get renovated soon, but in my opinion, it doesn't need it! During my visit, the motel is clean, rooms look fresh and clean. Everything in the room worked as designed. The free hot breakfast was nice as well. The motel is located in downtown, but not near anything worth walking too; except the classic old train station building which is now a museum. The area looks more country, than city. It’s on a quiet part of town. A short drive north on Route 36 will land you at several restaurants (both fast-food, and dining). The price I paid was a bit steep for this area of the state, never did find out if something special was going on; then again, it was Labor Day weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Maple City Inn, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to let us and others know about your experience! We hope that you will come again soon!

Been to Maple City Inn? Share your experiences!