“A very nice place to stay with a warm welcome!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Zombie Cucumber

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vilanculos
Zombie Cucumber
You added Zombie Cucumber to your Saves list
Avenida Marginal, Vilanculos, Mozambique   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“A very nice place to stay with a warm welcome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

EXCELLENT !! We stayed 5 days in January 2013 with my friends at Zombie Cucumber and the hotel Casa Jules, in the same property. We stayed in a rondavel, in a room in the new built and confortable hotel and one of our friends in the dorm. We were not disapointed at all and the staff was very friendly.
Excellent food, especially the pizzas, very tasty cocktails made from the chief Enrico, and Bruno & Valerie were always there to discuss, exchange on Mozambique or give us plans for Vilanculos and around. Just relaxing in the garden between the bar and the swimming pool was a great pleasure!!
Thanks and see you soon;)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
valerie1209, Propriétaire at Zombie Cucumber, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thanks you so much ! it was also a pleasure to meet you in our place. I hope you'll come back soon in our honeymoon bedroom with your girl friend staying in France... Many thanks Tib. Take care and good luck going back home !

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chaghcharan, Afghanistan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

At first I thought Zombie Cucumber was a pretty silly name for any establishment not serving LSD on the menu. I must say I was truly impressed by the place. Bruno and Valerie were more like hosts rather then owners. They truly made you feel welcome and at home in their lovely beach front (across) backpackers. They were very good at making sure everyone had everything they needed. I was also very impressed by Bruno's ability to correctly guess the nationality of every guest at first glance. The place has a dorm, chalets, and a newly built hotel block. Therefore they cater to all types of travelers. The restaurant/bar is great and very relaxing. After arriving from a long trip to Vilanculos, it was great to sit by the bar and drink an ice cold beer.
Thanks, Valerie and Bruno for helping make my trip to Vil so memorable!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I stayed at Zombie Cucumber for a few days in mid July. Valerie and Bruno were dead helpful, and could not have been more friendly (Valerie collected us from the airport). We stayed in the huts, which worked perfectly for us...as we were out diving each day it was a short walk down to Odyssea diving club. The beach is just nearby, the food offered is excellent (and good value), the staff ready with cold beers when required. Bruno is full of stories about Africa, and is excellent company. Whilst there, he was overseeing the finish of his grand project...the creation of 8 new luxury bedrooms on the site...they should be worth a look. Look..Vilanculos is a quiet place, and it is for divers, those who want to get away and relax and so on. A treat is to get in a taxi and go to the Casa Rex for a full-on dinner, but it's a bit of a mission to go for that. Instead, we ate several times at Zombie, and found it excellent. Go there before Mozi turns into another set of towns with beach villas...the large beachside hotel in town is already undergoing refurbishment, and with the new airport, plus regular flights from Joburg etc the place will take off. But I loved the dark, dark nights, the sound and fresh smell of sea on beach and I'd definitely say Zombie is worth staying at.

Room Tip: No idea about the new rooms, obviously - we used the huts which were perfectly fine.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

A place to discover! a place to enjoy...! I have been spending 10 days in Zumbie and had an amazing time! Owners are new and do the best for their clients...! Food, accomodations and atmosphere is more than excellent! I definitely recommand people to stay at Zumbie, and more than one night... U will see, once you re there, you will find it hard to leave... That's my experience, and i wish you to live the same!

La Rochelle, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Hi everybody, just let a little feed back about this amazing place. I spend 15 days in zombie cucumber and was just amazing, first : the place is just so beautifull ,beach is only 50 m from backpacker, owners are just so nice and really funny bruno explain me all story of vilanculos and gave me a lot of advice to travel in the area . Then Valerie she is always there to help you if you need somethings and to manage your lunch or dinner.

Then workers are so helpfull and really nice simoch is just the best chef . I never eaten fresh fish like this, i've try pizza and this is proper hood fire cooking , so incredible.

Guys i tell you definitly have to go there you really will enjoy it . I hope i will come back .

Thank again Bruno and Valérie for your welcoming i won't never forget.

Alex.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

hello guys, i m not agree at all with the last comment.$
For my side, i was suppposed to stay only one night, i einded up to spend 10 days at zumbie.
The owners are really friendly and funny as . I never ate suche good fish in my life than in zumbie.
It'as colourfull place and you just walk 100 meters and you right in front of an amazing sea.
For the moment they renovating a bite the place but its gonna be "the place to be in vilanculos" very soon! And do not forget to try the pizza, you wont believe to eat pizza like that in the middel of nowhere! If you wanna make any trips around, they ll let you know where to go with who!
I ll definitely comme back to this place! thanks guys and wish you a nice stay there!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
port louis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had planned to stay at Zombie Cucumber, but I changed my mind. The place is a real mess. The new owners can't speak English, they are extremely unprofessional and not friendly at all. I guess that they haven't been in Africa for long and that they are just starting in the tourism business. Noise, dust, mess and ... Smoke ! Hey guys, please avoid smoking in the face of potential clients when trying to sell them your "rooms"...

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Zombie Cucumber? Share your experiences!