“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gunjur Project Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Gunjur
The Gunjur Project Lodge
Red Rd | nr Gunjur Village, Gunjur WD 2233, Gambia   |
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I stayed in the project with the youth in need group. The staff were amazing so nice and friendly, made you feel right at home when you got there. T whole expericence has chaged my life and cannot wait to go back again. If anyone is thinking of going to Gambia, this is the place to stay !

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

yet again an amazing time had by all. Every time i visit Gambia and the Gunjur Project it blows me away. The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Food is gorgeous and I have to say they have the best chef in Gambia. Rooms were cleaned every day, and site is always clean. the surroundings of the site makes it easy for people to relax and reflect on their days, getting the most out of their time in Gambia.

I would recommend this to anyone, some people only wish for this, and I have been four times. extremely lucky person.,

Thankyou Gunjur Project.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011 via mobile

Holly - Cheshire Youth Going Global
I stayed at the gunjur lodge for two weeks with my youth group and had an amazing time, it was my second time staying there and I already miss it! All the staff were so welcoming and the site is always clean. The lodge is always a lovely place to be and I hope to be back there very soon :)

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

The Gunjur Project is a fabulous experience. The accomodation is more than adeqate, very comfortable and extremely clean. The food is freshly cooked at each meal and the menu is extensive incorporating local cuisine and western foods. The staff never fail to attend to your every need, in a happy and friendly manner with nothing too much trouble.
The destination offers the opportunity to have a relaxing holiday in the sun or to sample the local culture. Trips and visits are on offer daily if you choose to participate.
I would recommend this place without hesitation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Boussac, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We can thoroughly recommend staying at the Gunjur Project. It was our first time in Gambia and we stayed at the project for 4 weeks. We had superb service from the english and gambian people working there. The project compound is delightful, full of beautiful vegetation and exotic birds. As vegetarians we had excellent food. We went on various organised trips eg to schools, markets, reptile farm, music festivals and boat trips. The project is located by a stunning quiet beach, a very interesting fishing village, by a wonderful inland lake for superb bird watching and amongst a village with exceptionally friendly folk living in their compounds, with houses made from mud bricks and a mix of palm and tin roofs. A million times better than staying in a tourist hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

This was our 2nd time staying at the gunjur project and again we could'nt fault it. The place is amazing, the staff are warm and welcoming. The food is gorgeous, the rooms are clean and spacious. Its only a 10minute walk from the beach, it is absolutly perfect. Me and my new husband and 4 children returned there in february 2011 to get married, we got married in the project gardens. The gardens were done out beautifully, we had a kora player playing while i walked down the isle. Our wedding was arranged by there wedding cordinator jenny, all the worry of planning a wedding was taken out of our hands. It was one of the most amazing days of my life, a day we will never forget. The only regrets we have is not staying longer, we are already planning our next trip out there in feb 2012.
I cant rate this place high enough, it is a home from home. we are looking forward to our return next year :-) x

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

We stayed here for one week, there was myself, my partner and my young daughter of five years. It was the best week I have ever had on a holiday. I would describe my time there as two fold, one it is a relaxing holiday, great food, music, a bar, great swimming pool and beaches. On the other hand you are taken out to see Africa, the people, the culture, the schools and you really can make a difference. I know that it is great for groups of young people and volunteers, but my daughter loved it, it has changed her as a little person.....we will go back. What great people.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Been to The Gunjur Project Lodge? Share your experiences!